Ingredients: 3 Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size cubes
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp of brown sugar
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
Pinch of ground ginger
Sea salt, to taste

Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray.
Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into bite size cubes and place in a large mixing bowl
Melt butter in the microwave and pour over the potatoes along with the olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Add more sugar or cinnamon if desired. Toss to coat evenly; place in the baking dish.
Bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
Stir the sweet potatoes once or twice during roasting.

chilefarmer

Copied and saved, have never baked sweetpotatoe like that. They are our go to food, usually just baked with skin on and served with butter. Thanks for the recipe. CF:tiphat:

Ian M.

Oh, man, LT - those look delicious! I'm same like CF - I've never made them any other way then baked (skin on) and served with brown sugar and butter and salt and pepper, but I really love them candied! Gotta try this for Thanksgiving dinner this year. Thanks for the recipe.

Ian

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
wowzers !

you guys never did candied sweets in a skillet ???

I'll have to write out my (Mom's) recipe, if you're interested .............

to serve , just line them up in a clear dish (my Mom used to slip them under the broiler for a minute or two at this point......... not me !)

Ian M.

Oh, God YES!! Please post that recipe!! Yes, my Mum always did them that way for the holidays but I never have. DW doesn't much get into vegetable cookery. But this is going to change soonest, I hope!!

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
boiled, peeled, then "candied" is our usual approach - but I must say, tossed / coated and baked sure sounds attractively simple!

glazed carrots is another similar - I boil them in a shallow pan to about half done, then drain water dry, add couple tbsp maple syrup, cook down / reduce the syrup to a glaze.

well, when the Canadian maple syrup hasn't been all stolen.... anyway....

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
wowzers !

you guys never did candied sweets in a skillet ???

I'll have to write out my (Mom's) recipe, if you're interested .............

to serve , just line them up in a clear dish (my Mom used to slip them under the broiler for a minute or two at this point......... not me !)

[/QUOTE

Looks great! Yes... please post recipe. :)