My Momma Throws Down

Shermie

Site Supporter
Has anyone seen or watched this show?

It airs on TVOne. Usually, it airs on Sunday evenings, but it is on now as well.

The kick here is that black mothers get to compete in a cooking challenge with their favorite dishes that they like to prepare at home.

Much similar to the challenge shows on Food Network, such as Iron Chef America, Chopped and Cup Cake Wars.
smile.gif

Shermie

Site Supporter
Awww, that's rough!

Even though it sounds interesting, it puts me too much in the mind of those constant floodings of challange shows on the Food Network!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Awww, that's rough!

Even though it sounds interesting, it puts me too much in the mind of those constant floodings of challange shows on the Food Network!!

I'd guess that the difference in the show you're speaking of has a more down home feel vs all the whooptie dooo flash and glitter that shows on FN have?

If so, I can relate.
---
Can't tell you the last time I tuned to Food Network, or care about any of the fluff and fame which comes with most of the 'stars' who originated there.

I was looking in another cooking forum the other day.

Some woman was going nuts because Anne Burrell is gay.. omg.. how horrible!

Next thing will be someone coming down on Paula Deen for becoming a slimmer person.:yum:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'd guess that the difference in the show you're speaking of has a more down home feel vs all the whooptie dooo flash and glitter that shows on FN have?

If so, I can relate.
---
Can't tell you the last time I tuned to Food Network, or care about any of the fluff and fame which comes with most of the 'stars' who originated there.

I was looking in another cooking forum the other day.

Some woman was going nuts because Anne Burrell is gay.. omg.. how horrible!

Next thing will be someone coming down on Paula Deen for becoming a slimmer person.:yum:

I never knew that Ann Burrell was gay. That is her right to be gay if she wants to be. That woman who is all bent out of shape about someone else's life needs to just go get a life, deal with it and get over it!!!

I watch the Food Network in the morning only - no aggravating and annoying challenge shows on that time of day!!

And at night, I only watch Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. :applause:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I never knew that Ann Burrell was gay. That is her right to be gay if she wants to be. That woman who is all bent out of shape about someone else's life needs to just go get a life, deal with it and get over it!!!

I watch the Food Network in the morning only - no aggravating and annoying challenge shows on that time of day!!

And at night, I only watch Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. :applause:
Yep, that's a good one.
To be quite honest, the only peeps who fall into the foodie category that I find interesting are Guy, Chef Robert Irvine and Anthony Bourdain.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Since that lousey stinking crummy network canceled my favorite program Big Daddy's House, I been watching less and less of that network!!!

They threw Aaron out to the wolves, dumped him like a bad habit!!! And everybody else still has a cooking program!!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Since that lousey stinking crummy network canceled my favorite program Big Daddy's House, I been watching less and less of that network!!!

They threw Aaron out to the wolves, dumped him like a bad habit!!! And everybody else still has a cooking program!!!

Yikes, Shermie!
I had no idea they did that.
Does he have any prospects for a future show on television?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yikes, Shermie!
I had no idea they did that.
Does he have any prospects for a future show on television?

I tried to find that out from him on Facebook.

He seems to have found a new passion; selling coffee.

I, also, had hoped that he'd return on another network! He HAS been making guest appearances on some of the morning shows.

He also has a website. I think I'll Google his name to see what he plans to do. :idea:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I tried to find that out from him on Facebook.

He seems to have found a new passion; selling coffee.

I, also, had hoped that he'd return on another network! He HAS been making guest appearances on some of the morning shows.

He also has a website. I think I'll Google his name to see what he plans to do. :idea:
Stay tuned and don't give up thinking he'd never have anything else successful going for him in the future on tv.
Like you, I am sure he's got many fans who'd enjoy seeing him in that medium again.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I will.

I haven't given up on him. I'm just saddened and upset because the crappy Food Network wouldn't give him another renewal or a new cooking show, like they've done for others!!!