EveryOne is telling me to become a baker!

Derek

Banned
Since my first 2 breads turned out better then store bought kind, and everyone that knows me in person is telling me to become a baker.

Hell even my step dad who acts like a log most of the time is raving about my bread!

I'm going to taking a college baking class anyways.

And everyone was saying that bread is one of the hardest things to make food wise and I've took to bread making like a a fish to water sort of thing.

PanchoHambre

Re: EveryOne telling to become a baker!

Hey Derek if you found something you enjoy and have a knack for keep at it.

Derek

Banned

Thank you everyone, Can one of the mods go ahead and move this to breads sub forum?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

That is more for recipes, the chit chat section is more for discussions like this. I think it should probably stay here.

jkath

Here's Derek's new look:

happybaker-logo.jpg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

Maybe he should put this one in his signature after or before his link:

:chef:

:yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Congratulations on you new found success. Not everyone has the knack for working with dough, so for you want to move forward and take classes to enhance this ability is highly commendable. I wish you nothing but good luck. It also helps if you enjoy what you are doing. I'm sure there are many people on this board who are good at something, but don't necessarily enjoy doing it...myself included.

Keep working at expanding your skills and be sure to share your bread with others...it will keep some of it off of your own hips!:yum: Over the lips, right to the hips! Bread is magical.

Calicolady

FMD, glad for your success, and a class sounds like a fun idea.
So now we have veteran JoeV, and a trainee FMD for all our miserable failures to guide us.
Lucky Us!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

FMD, glad for your success, and a class sounds like a fun idea.
So now we have veteran JoeV, and a trainee FMD for all our miserable failures to guide us.
Lucky Us!

Miserable failures are the stepping stones to success. If you don't walk down the path and continue to try, try, try, you will have nobody to blame but yourself. It's also important to laugh at yourself once in awhile.

Success is there for anyone willing to pay the dues, and remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. FMD's bread is not picture perfect, but he's making the effort and it's nice to see others encouraging him as well.

If anyone want to learn to bake bread, all they have to do is ask and I'll help any way I can.

Derek

Banned

Miserable failures are the stepping stones to success. If you don't walk down the path and continue to try, try, try, you will have nobody to blame but yourself. It's also important to laugh at yourself once in awhile.

Success is there for anyone willing to pay the dues, and remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. FMD's bread is not picture perfect, but he's making the effort and it's nice to see others encouraging him as well.

If anyone want to learn to bake bread, all they have to do is ask and I'll help any way I can.
Joes right about try try trying.

:)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Since my first 2 breads turned out better then store bought kind, and everyone that knows me in person is telling me to become a baker.

I just happened to remember that a similar thing happened to me when I started baking bread. It seems everyone else wants YOU to do all that you can so that THEY can benefit from your efforts. What I have done when people ask me to bake bread for them is to tell them that I will TEACH them how to do it, but I'm not in the bread business. I have a day job and this is a HOBBY that I don't want to turn into an occupation. When fun turns to work, then you need to find something else to divert your attention and have fun. To date, I have not had anyone willing to learn, except for the people who participated in my bread baking fundraisers for our church's food pantry.

Tread lightly, Grasshopper. The bread junkies are nipping at your heels.;)

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I am sorry, I am horrible.... I changed the thread title to match his first sentence in his starting post... I couldn't help it... Trish made me do it... she drives everyone over the edge... she admitted it!!
:sorry:

Derek

Banned
Keep us updated on your progress.
Will do, Although introduction to Baking & pastry will not start until August, But that will give me some time to get used to college life!

I will be taking Photography 101 in June, In August I will be taking introduction to Baking & pastry and introduction to Spanish....