The "Breakfast" thread

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Since we had leftover fried chicken from last night, we had Chicken and waffles for breakfast.

Attachments

• chicken-and-waffles.jpg
    chicken-and-waffles.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 297

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Your waffles look perfect, Mama...waffles are Jerry's very favorite thing. I'm sure he would love to dig into that plate.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Breakfast this morning was Turkey Bacon (I know....), eggs, potato pancakes, northern beans and homemade buttermilk biscuits.

Attachments

• breakfast04162011.jpg
    breakfast04162011.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Buttermilk-Biscuits.jpg
    Buttermilk-Biscuits.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 263

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
don't great northerns make 4 great meals, mama? i luv them in so many forms. hafta try them for a brekkie soon~

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
They sure do Luvs! I like to mix them with the yolk of the egg and scoop it up on a biscuit! YUM!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yum! eggs & great northerns..... jake would luv that. next nite he stays or if i ring him before he leaves for work, i'm making him a hearty breakfast of these components. sausage links rather than turkey bacon, though, as that is the breakfast meat in my freezer @ this point.
i do luv turkey bacon, though!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
French toast topped with sugar free maple syrup, strawberry preserves and sour cream with bacon on the side.

042311_french_toast_bacon.jpg

Guts

peeps I never would've thought of using sour cream on French toast. I'm going to try this next time I have some French toast. I bet it's good.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made eggs in a basket this morning with bacon and hashbrowns smothered with vidalia onions and chives

Attachments

• breakfast04-26-2011.jpg
    breakfast04-26-2011.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 425

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OH MAMA that looks great!! I have never made eggs taht way . My mom did once in a blue moon. Do you toast the bread first in the toast or the pan then cut the hole, add egg cook on one side turn and cook the othe side?

Breakfast for dinner last night.

Tuesday 4/26/11

Over easy eggs, pan fried tater tots and buttermilk biscuits.

042611_eggs_tots_biscuits.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! I'm not a fan of brown eggs so I cut the hole in the bread and grill it on one side, flip, cook it for a couple of minutes on the other side first and then put the egg in, let it cook until the egg is about halfway cooked, flip, turn off the burner and let the egg finish cooking. I grill it all over medium low heat so that the egg will cook without browning too much.

I love having breakfast for dinner and yours looks mighty tasty!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers! I'm not a fan of brown eggs so I cut the hole in the bread and grill it on one side, flip, cook it for a couple of minutes on the other side first and then put the egg in, let it cook until the egg is about halfway cooked, flip, turn off the burner and let the egg finish cooking. I grill it all over medium low heat so that the egg will cook without browning too much.

I love having breakfast for dinner and yours looks mighty tasty!
I feel the same way about eggs. I won't eat them any style if they are brown. The flavor changes drastically. I have come to the point that I only order poached when out. Then I have to deal with over cooked yolks!! Just can't win. LOL If I order an omelette I ask for it scramble rather than burned (brown) omelette style.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Breakfasts look fantastic, you guys!

Mama, what are the half-round things on the far right of your photos? Pancakes????

Lee