small food processor

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
cooking for two, I rarely make large quantities - we've got a caesar "dinner" salad dish (chicken diced into romaine, with a homemade caesar dressing....) and I've come across other sauces/dressings I like . . .

we have a big one - it's really quite useless for recipes ala "put 6 T of X . . ." - the blades just spin above the small qty.

I was going to use a blender - but the blender blades leave even more volume at the bottom.

any experiences / recommendations / good / bad on the 1.5 - two cups +/- sizes on the market? can they really make a cup of salad dressing?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
cooking for two, I rarely make large quantities - we've got a caesar "dinner" salad dish (chicken diced into romaine, with a homemade caesar dressing....) and I've come across other sauces/dressings I like . . .

we have a big one - it's really quite useless for recipes ala "put 6 T of X . . ." - the blades just spin above the small qty.

I was going to use a blender - but the blender blades leave even more volume at the bottom.

any experiences / recommendations / good / bad on the 1.5 - two cups +/- sizes on the market? can they really make a cup of salad dressing?

Mine sure can and it's just a little cheapy. I've had it for years. I think it's Black and Decker.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
appreciate the input. I see both a B&D 1.5 cup and a Cuisinart (2 cup) - some interesting comments in the reviews! and some are 2-3 years old - wonder if they've modified designs since...

I'm leaning toward the smaller 1.5 cup size - this will be a 'specialty' machine - I don't expect to do 'everything' with it, not gonna' give up my day knife . . .

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've had my mini B&D food processor for a couple of years and have absolutely no complaints.

Can't say the same for my big Hamilton Beach processor, which I will probably donate.

Lee

Attachments

• Small b and d.jpg
    Small b and d.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 100

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
generalizing from the reviews/comments seems the 'top motor' style is better at chopping, but the 'standard bowl' type is better for pastes/liquid type stuff... one design has a 'wiper' on the bottom - cute but at those rpm's I wonder how quick it wears out.

need to find a store with display models available . . .