Attn: Vera, Buckey, maybe lucky and anyone else in range.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
A while ago, I wanted to find what I call the "Old Market" in Paterson, NJ. In there is an old fish market, actually 2 or three. They have more kinds of fish than I have ever heard of. I have never gotten a bad piece of fish there. The fish are whole and they will do whatever you like to them.

I have been buying Kng Salmon there, amongst others. I have always found salmon to be fatty and kind of greasy. I am on my fourth Salmon and these are the best that I have ever had. No grease and delishous. There are also grocery stores anf produce shops. You really need to know what you are after, but, it is interesting and I am learning.

I have not had the intestinal fortitude to get a fresh whacked chicken. I keep looking and wonder if they really do taste better and what kind ot get. There are several breeds there.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like a place I'd spend a lot of time (and $) in..........it's out of range for me, unfortunately.......:sad:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Were you on Market Street??? My whole childhood was spent heading out there with my Mom on the weekend or Friday night. Sawdust on the floor of the butcher..

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I think that is it Vera. I have only come across live chicken sellers. I haven't seen the butcher yet. I am still exploring.