Best price source for K-cups?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A friend bought me a Keurig coffee maker, which is lovely, but the K-cups in the supermarket are expensive.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper source? A national brick and mortar store or an online site?

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One of my friends orders from Coffeeforless, Jackie - I'll take a look.

I've checked Amazon, but not BJ's.

Thanks for all the ideas!

Lee

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, I buy our k cups direct from Keurig.

If you join their club you can earn up to a 15% discount and orders over $50 ship for free. You get 1 point for each cup purchased, 1 to 499 points = 10% discount when your total purchases are over 500 cups the discount goes to 15%.

The last order we received was $52.52 total for 4 boxes of 24, $13.13 a box with free shipping.

The points you accumulate are good for discounts on accessories and coffee makers.

Jim, Caribou Decaf drinker

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
oops, almost forgot.

Watch for the cup quantity per box. I thought I found a bargain the other day and then realized the price was for a box with 18 cups instead of 24.

Looks like they regularly come in 6, 12, 18, and 24 cups per box depending on the vendor, retail or internet. I've also seen boxes of 22, 48, and 72 advertised

Jim

JackieBlue

Banned
Lee, I buy our k cups direct from Keurig.

If you join their club you can earn up to a 15% discount and orders over $50 ship for free. You get 1 point for each cup purchased, 1 to 499 points = 10% discount when your total purchases are over 500 cups the discount goes to 15%.

The last order we received was $52.52 total for 4 boxes of 24, $13.13 a box with free shipping.

The points you accumulate are good for discounts on accessories and coffee makers.

Jim, Caribou Decaf drinker

That's exactly what I paid at coffeeforless.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
That's exactly what I paid at coffeeforless.

I've not used the points discount on products but it looks like coffee makers are a little less than half off list. I don't know how that compares to prices at the discount places.

Jim

JackieBlue

Banned
I've not used the points discount on products but it looks like coffee makers are a little less than half off list. I don't know how that compares to prices at the discount places.

Jim

I never checked out the coffee makers there.

How do you like yours? I LOVE mine.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I never checked out the coffee makers there.

Keurig's list on the Elite like we have is $119.95, sells to club members for $59.97 with 700 points.

Guess the big box stores don't discount Keurig, Target has it for $119.00 on their web site.

How do you like yours? I LOVE mine.

It's GREAT!

I like being able to make a cup of regular for my wife and unleaded (decaf) for me in just a couple of minutes. It's also nice to be able to keep a variety on hand without have several cans of coffee open.

It also has cut down on my intake of coffee. With the old Mr Coffee I would make a full pot and drink all of it over the morning. Now that I have to actually do something other than pour to get a second cup I'm down to a couple of cups a day.

Jim

JackieBlue

Banned
Keurig's list on the Elite like we have is $119.95, sells to club members for $59.97 with 700 points.

Guess the big box stores don't discount Keurig, Target has it for $119.00 on their web site.

It's GREAT!

I like being able to make a cup of regular for my wife and unleaded (decaf) for me in just a couple of minutes. It's also nice to be able to keep a variety on hand without have several cans of coffee open.

It also has cut down on my intake of coffee. With the old Mr Coffee I would make a full pot and drink all of it over the morning. Now that I have to actually do something other than pour to get a second cup I'm down to a couple of cups a day.

Jim

Wow that's really cheap for the brewer!

For me, it's made me more addicted to coffee. It's so easy now to always have a fresh cup any time of the day.:biggrin:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I was in BJ's today, and they had 80 cups for $34.99. Is that a good price?

I was also in Bed Bath and Beyond. They had make-your-own K-cups. There were 3 different types, ranging from $14.99 to 17.99. It's a little refillable K-cup that you fill with your own coffee - completely reusable. You might want to look into that.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the info, everyone!

SS, I have one of those little refillable cup things. Defeats the purpose of the convenience of the K-cups.

I do have a BJ's membership - I'll check it out!

Lee

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I was in BJ's today, and they had 80 cups for $34.99. Is that a good price?

That's a great price if I did the math correctly! :whistle:

We were looking at 24 cups for $13.13, BJ's is $10.50 for 24.

Did they have a good selection?

Jim

JackieBlue

Banned
Yes that is a good price SS. One of the reasons I order online is because I like to get the Half Caff K-Cups and no one seems carry them in the stores.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
That's a great price if I did the math correctly! :whistle:

We were looking at 24 cups for $13.13, BJ's is $10.50 for 24.

Did they have a good selection?

Jim

I don't know what a 'good selection' is, since I've never checked it out before. But I think the warehouse clubs are not really known for their variety. It just caught my attention because of this thread.

I always buy whole beans and grind my own coffee fresh for each pot.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Yes that is a good price SS. One of the reasons I order online is because I like to get the Half Caff K-Cups and no one seems carry them in the stores.

We drink a lot of the Green Mountain half caf and I like the Caribou decaf.

I don't know what a 'good selection' is, since I've never checked it out before. But I think the warehouse clubs are not really known for their variety. It just caught my attention because of this thread.

Now that I think about it it's hard to say what a good selection would be. Just having the one I want would qualify! :mrgreen:

There's probably 20 or 25 brands represented and hundreds of blends. The local grocery store usually has 10 or 15 different blends on the shelf.

Jim

JackieBlue

Banned
We drink a lot of the Green Mountain half caf and I like the Caribou decaf.

Now that I think about it it's hard to say what a good selection would be. Just having the one I want would qualify! :mrgreen:

There's probably 20 or 25 brands represented and hundreds of blends. The local grocery store usually has 10 or 15 different blends on the shelf.

Jim

Yup! There are so many to choose from. So far, my favorite flavored coffee is Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee. Love it!

Wart

Banned
I'm sorry for the irrelevance of this ....

Every time I see the title of this thread I think ...

Someones shopping for new really big Hooters.

:hide: