A proper Martini

waybomb

Take a shaker, fill it halfway with ice and water to prechill it. Shake the livin heck out of it. Pour out the contents.

Put a few ounces of chilled dry vermouth in it, along with some ice. Shake the livin hell out of it. Pour out the contents. Take the top off, and shake out any remaining fre liquid.

Add Bombay Saphire and some ice. Now don't shake it, roll it. Don't break the ice by shaking it. Strain into a chilled Martini glass neat.

Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive juice and a spear with two olives.

Locutus

NO,NO, NO!!!!!

A PROPER Martini is made as follows. :chef:

1. Pour one oz Vermouth in a pitcher, swish it around, and pour out excess.
2. Fill pitcher with a good gin, such as Bombay Sapphire, or Old Raj.
3.Stir once and serve in a Martini glass with a spear and two anchovy stuffed olives!

Ice will dilute your drink and ruin it! :dizzy:

Ice will also anesthetize your taste buds, so you lose most of the flavor. :smile:

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I prefer mine like waybomb's - chilled with olive juice, but with THREE olives.

Boy, that sounds good right about now!

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Actually, you're all wrong:shock:...

Take the vermouth bottle and show it to the vodka bottle, preferably Ciroc. Then put the vermouth back on the shelf. Put the Ciroc into a chilled shaker with some ice and shake it. Strain into a glass removed from the freezer and had a lemon peel rubbed into. Enjoy.

I've created a wonderful martini called the VeraBlueTini as well. It's way too cold to get one now...but just wait till May.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

Take the vermouth bottle and show it to the vodka bottle, preferably Ciroc.

I've heard that it is best to actually allow the labels to touch for no more than 2 seconds. :yum::yum::yum:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
If you like sweet drinks, an apple martini is the way to go. I always thought that Pucker Apple was just a tad too sweet. They make pear vodka so perhaps an apple flavoured vodka could be used without it being as sweet as the Pucker.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter

Take the vermouth bottle and show it to the vodka bottle, preferably Ciroc. Then put the vermouth back on the shelf. Put the Ciroc into a chilled shaker with some ice and shake it. Strain into a glass removed from the freezer and had a lemon peel rubbed into. Enjoy.

Your recipe works well with Chopin, too!

lilylove

Guys...if ya want an apple drink...

mix one oz apple pucker
and one oz butterscotch schnapps!!

just like caramal apple yummers!!

PanchoHambre

Take the vermouth bottle and show it to the vodka bottle, preferably Ciroc. Then put the vermouth back on the shelf.

LOL you are on point Vera

I do like a martini but try to be careful with them...they go down fast and work quick...2 and my tongue is loose 3 and I am a disaster. I have to be sure of my company.... I am not a real lightweight drinker either but martinis get me every time.

I like olive though... dirty

suziquzie

My gin lives in the freezer.
My vermouth lives in the fridge.

Close enough for me!!!
I'll take 2 please....

High Cheese

Saucier

I've created a wonderful martini called the VeraBlueTini as well. It's way too cold to get one now...but just wait till May.

LOL. Mine is Grey Goose up with olives.

FYI - Neat is booze poured straight from the bottle, no ice or chilling what so ever.

Up is shaken with ice and strained into a glass.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito

no no NO!!!

Take the martini glass, fill it with Sam Adams Winter Ale and top with a hot dog!!! :thumb:

Ronjohn

If you like sweet drinks, an apple martini is the way to go. I always thought that Pucker Apple was just a tad too sweet. They make pear vodka so perhaps an apple flavoured vodka could be used without it being as sweet as the Pucker.

:bump:

I'm no authority on apple martinis, but they do make an "Apple Barrel Schnapps" as well (not the neon green stuff) that isn't as much of a sweet tart product. Maybe it would work?

Just guessing though :alc:

Lefty

Yank
:bump:

I'm no authority on apple martinis, but they do make an "Apple Barrel Schnapps" as well (not the neon green stuff) that isn't as much of a sweet tart product. Maybe it would work?

Just guessing though :alc:
Blasphemy I say. :bonk: A Martini is made with either Gin or Vodka, straight up or on the rocks, with onions or olives, I don't care if its shaken or stirred.

Ronjohn

Blasphemy I say. :bonk: A Martini is made with either Gin or Vodka, straight up or on the rocks, with onions or olives, I don't care if its shaken or stirred.

Hey... I was only trying to help with the apple martini thingamadoodle :mrgreen:

For me, it'd be more like this....
either Gin or Vodka, straight up or on the rocks

The rest of that is all extra :thumb:

Lefty

Yank
Hey... I was only trying to help with the apple martini thingamadoodle :mrgreen:

For me, it'd be more like this....
either Gin or Vodka, straight up or on the rocks

The rest of that is all extra :thumb:

I know, I guess when it comes to Martinis I'm a Puritan. :whistling:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
No, don't even get the Vermouth out. All you need to do is turn east and salute Italy for 4 seconds, add 4 oz. of Ketel One to a shaker with ice, pour over rocks and finish with a splash olive juice... Stir and garnish with two olives...