What have you eaten NCT - Sunday 7/22/18 to Saturday 7/28/18?

Embryodad

Today, is a Ho Hmmm day.
Momma "T" is in a p!$$y mood!
She took GGS for a ride after she picked him up at day care school. He was cranky too!..... When they are like that, I say, Bye Bye.... go home to your Mommy or Grandma Gee Gee!

So anyway.... Maybe I'll just chill out, and grab me some Suds to sip on!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had Homemade chicken soup over brown rice topped with fresh grated parm reg and romano cheeses.

Embryodad

I had Homemade chicken soup over brown rice topped with fresh grated parm reg and romano cheeses.

Peeps ..... that's the way we eat chicken soup too!
I tell Tina, "Bless my soup with the cheese, and make it Italian Chicken Soup!" .... haahahahaa

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peeps ..... that's the way we eat chicken soup too!
I tell Tina, "Bless my soup with the cheese, and make it Italian Chicken Soup!" .... haahahahaa

Mom would sometimes make tiny meatballs (just meat, egg and parm and Romano cheese) to put in the soup. We had a cat at the time that would beg for chicken soup BUT would only eat it with cheese on top.

Embryodad

Mom would sometimes make tiny meatballs (just meat, egg and parm and Romano cheese) to put in the soup. We had a cat at the time that would beg for chicken soup BUT would only eat it with cheese on top.

Tina said, "Smart Cat!"

We had a kitty named "Oregano" that loved meatballs.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was burgers.
Tonight may be Chinese.
I've moved to Napoleon, Ohio.
Mostly to get away from being taken advantage of by the mother of my grandchildren.
Life goes on!
It was coming, boy was it ever.
I don't normally talk about this type of thing on here, but! There you have it.

I live in town now, back to work soon, as soon as I get my head screwed on right.
It's been crazy.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awww, Sass, I hope it all works out for you.

And I hope you keep your cooking creativity, even though you will be cooking for yourself!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I won't be cooking for myself, until I get my own apartment.
I'm living with my actual daughter in law right now.
My son's partner is not his wife, they aren't married.

Aimee is Puerto Rican if you recall those way back days on the forum.
Between my eldest son and her, they kept telling me you need to get out of there.
So I did.
It's not been good for months now.
I'll be ok.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Well, we couldn't find the pulled pork (we have 3 freezers that are pretty much stuffed and we are trying to clean out some) we were going to use in a dish, so had to change plans and made a simple rice dish with ground beef, chili powder, cumin, mixed frozen veges, onion, garlic, and canned tomatoes. Not very pretty but tasty.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Having that ^^^^ for lunch.
Dinner is going to be sofrito? Over rice and corn bread.
This weekend DIL is making an authentic Puerto Rican dish.
It's got pork and bananas in it.
Don't remember what she called it now.

20180726_110604-768x768.jpg

Embryodad

Tina Mommy.... is gathering food for supper.
She's on a shopping spree and she is in Lebanon, PA, bargain hunting.
She found eggplant 65 cents each. She called and asked how she can tell the difference in a male and female eggplant?:confused:

The male has less seeds, it has the end that is round ( O ) shaped.
The female, is Oval ( 0 ) shaped..... :drink2:

I told her not to forget "Lebanon Bologna". Umm! chunks; dipped in mustard. Washed down with some Brew's. Ummmmmm!

Embryodad

You know what the pain in the tucas is?? .... The eye drops!
I had to make a chart, and use a bingo marker to mark the time...etc.
Did you get the little itsy bitsy bottles of the drops?
I said to the Dr. Give me more, I am not a good shot with these.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Tom, my neighbor just had a cataract op and she said her doctor told her she can choose a lens (?) that the insurance will pay for, which will allow her to be either near-sighted OR far-sighted. Or, she can opt for a lens that will give her 20-20 vision, but that she'd have to pay out of pocket for ($1,400, I think).

She went with the 20-20. Said when the other eye is done, she won't have to wear glasses at all for the first time in 50 years.

Did your doctor give you those options?

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
heehee - yeah - cute little color coded bottles. DW helped so it wasn't so bad, doing it by yourself would be tricky!

the doctor mentioned the optional lenses. he didn't recommend them in my case - odds be I'll get back to 20/20 without glasses.
he does recommend them for patients with prior heavy corrective lenses. in his experience it's a bit hit and miss whether the corrective implants work "perfectly"

Embryodad

Dr gave me the option..... I took the Medicare Plan.

After all surgery was done, They fitted me with glasses just 21 day's after the surgery and lens implants.
I tried the glasses, and for the first time in years, it was W 0 W !

Well... Wow lasted for 3 weeks; before I started seeing blurry and cock eyed again.
Went to a opthamologist here close to me; without the massive hurry up and wait bull crap. The new doc said,"Who the heck flipped the
biopters to help you see fuzzy?" "They missed by 3 on the left, and 2 on the right eye!" ...... Nice try, but no cigar.

I payed 700.00 for a new frame and lenses, and I can see sharp now. :clap:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmm, well I guess each case is different.

My eye doctor told me last year for the first time that there was the beginning of a cataract.

I thought they only happened to OTHER people. :confused:

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
both the doctors made a point of changes post surgery - not to rush it, as often the Rx will change before it's all settled in. we'll see.

I was having issues 'seeing' to the right - thought it was just the pillar of the (new) car. then I started having issues reading the tv screen - baseball scores for example.

then my driver's license was coming due - so before I got grounded from driving I went to the eye doctor - "Oh, your eyes are actually fine. that's not the problem...."

oops. the cataract thing never crossed my mind.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Welp the sofrito dish is on hold at the moment.
She (Aimee) cooks everything from scratch and memory a la her Mother Sophia.
Beautiful woman who speaks Spanish at 90mph :bounce: lol

So she's working overtime
and tells me look in the freezer.
Little Ziploc bags.
Mom's red beans and rice.
Oh yes!
Delicious delicious delicious!
This ain't your average stuff.
Yum!

Embryodad

Looking for a good recipe for Red Beans and rice.
Tina found one in a spanish cook book, but not as good as we had in Puerto Rico. Tina and I lived in Isabella there on the island when I was in the Navy.
We would get red rice and beans at the local Grocery Store right next door.
And fresh cooked Chicken and fresh eggs.

Believe it or not, i'm having red beans and rice tonight with two little aged fillet steaks done on the grill. ....

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Shrimp, tasso and andouille jambalya with a side of collard greens.

Attachments

• 2018-07-26 18.04.32.jpg
    2018-07-26 18.04.32.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 129

Embryodad

Tina did a great job on the red beans and rice. She used the sticky rice, and it was good, but I like the long grain rice with a little bite to it.

:cooking:

IMG_1061.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to have some of the red beans and rice again today, maybe with fried or scrambled egg.
It's very heavy on the cumin and spice.

I've got to go to another nursing facility and check on a job I've applied for.
Both places are very close.
I want 2nd shift, since that's what I've always been accustomed to.

In fact I'm within walking distance of many small shops, a hair salon, and a donut shop lol