Plastic containers don't smell "fresh"

Embryodad

I must say one thing about tupperware...

I hate when you give someone something in it, and they nuke the stuff in the plastic container. My kids ruined all my great older tupperware like that.

It blisters and stains the food right into the plastic.

I save those just for them when I give them stuff. They are burned, and there is no fixing it. I tried sanding with 200 grit sandpaper, but it looks like chit!

Grrrrrrrr..... One of my top 10 Peeves.

I have been using the Ziplock plastic containers now. They are shiny and smooth inside. If they get munged up...I just use them for junk stowage like nails and bolts and stuff in the garage.

I keep my socks in them in my drawer.... The sock drawer is where the wife puts those perfume bags of scented bark.
I don't like my socks smelling like that sissy @$$ perfume crystals she buys. I'd rather moth crystals smell.

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I especially like the big 64-oz containers by Glad!!

I once brought a dinner over to a friend and her daughter's house. When they were preparing to move, they friggen threw my big beautiful conainers & lids all in the trash!!!!!!

Ever since then, when I go to ANYONE'S house with food in the containers, I TAKE THEM AND BRING THEM RIGHT BACK HOME WITH ME!!!!!! I will NEVER leave them there or anywhere else ever again!!!!!! :cooking:

Embryodad

I especially like the big 64-oz containers by Glad!!

I once brought a dinner over to a friend and her daughter's house. When they were preparing to move, they friggen threw my big beautiful conainers & lids all in the trash!!!!!!

Ever since then, when I go to ANYONE'S house with food in the containers, I TAKE THEM AND BRING THEM RIGHT BACK HOME WITH ME!!!!!! I will NEVER leave them there or anywhere else ever again!!!!!! :cooking:
Man... That's a Super Piss / off

When I get something from a neighbor... The next day or as soon as possible, I return it. Usually with something in it like cookies.

Then there is the big bag of containers my son brings back from weeks at their house. I mark all the bottoms with a marker "Tina"
Well...Half the chit is missing the lids, and or the container to match a lid.

What we do now, Is, we save the food containers like from ricotta cheese or butter blend or containers from take out. I wash them, and THAT'S what the kids get their food in to take home.

I try and shove food in Ziplock bags for them too!

I am a Fanatic with perfect containers. A fanatic with cracks and crevaces that get food bourn particles like on the pots handles etc.
I sit here nights with barkeepers friend and a toothbrush cleaning slop that gets burned and not cleaned right away.
I understand stuff bubbles over, but geeze, come on......take the time to clean the pot or tray pan. I know, my dishwasher doesnt't have a toothbrush in it.

All my spatula's with the plastic handles...are ALL BURN'T.. They look like chit, and I get furious they way others abuse cooking tools.

I better close...I'm getting p***ed Just writing about it!! LOL ??... NOooooo "INF"
It's Not Funny!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Man... That's a Super Piss / off

When I get something from a neighbor... The next day or as soon as possible, I return it. Usually with something in it like cookies.

Then there is the big bag of containers my son brings back from weeks at their house. I mark all the bottoms with a marker "Tina"
Well...Half the chit is missing the lids, and or the container to match a lid.

What we do now, Is, we save the food containers like from ricotta cheese or butter blend or containers from take out. I wash them, and THAT'S what the kids get their food in to take home.

I try and shove food in Ziplock bags for them too!

I am a Fanatic with perfect containers. A fanatic with cracks and crevaces that get food bourn particles like on the pots handles etc.
I sit here nights with barkeepers friend and a toothbrush cleaning slop that gets burned and not cleaned right away.
I understand stuff bubbles over, but geeze, come on......take the time to clean the pot or tray pan. I know, my dishwasher doesnt't have a toothbrush in it.

All my spatula's with the plastic handles...are ALL BURN'T.. They look like chit, and I get furious they way others abuse cooking tools.

I better close...I'm getting p***ed Just writing about it!! LOL ??... NOooooo "INF"
It's Not Funny!

That's a very good idea!!!

Their actions are very inconsiderate, idiotic, disrespectful and distasteful to do stuff like that!!!

The money spent on that stuff adds up, people like myself are on a fixed income, and so, things are not as easy to obtain like when I was working and getting a paycheck every week!!! :neutral:

Embryodad

That's a very good idea!!!

Their actions are very inconsiderate, idiotic, disrespectful and distasteful to do stuff like that!!!

The money spent on that stuff adds up, people like myself are on a fixed income, and so, things are not as easy to obtain like when I was working and getting a paycheck every week!!! :neutral:
It's the same thing here Shermie.

DD will come over on a sunny day, and flip on all the lights in the house bright!

I'm like...HELLOooooooo! The Gosh Darn Electric Company Is Doing a Dance down there!..... I try to explain nicely.....when I'm dead and in the coffin....you kids can light the lights as much as you like. As for now...I didn't get a use of electric raise in my Security Check

Shermie

Site Supporter
It's the same thing here Shermie.

DD will come over on a sunny day, and flip on all the lights in the house bright!

I'm like...HELLOooooooo! The Gosh Darn Electric Company Is Doing a Dance down there!..... I try to explain nicely.....when I'm dead and in the coffin....you kids can light the lights as much as you like. As for now...I didn't get a use of electric raise in my Security Check

Then you must put your foot down and lay the cards on the table!! It is the only way to get things straight with people.

Or else, they'll just walk all over you!!! :twak:

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
It's true. I'm like my dad, turning out lights as I walk around. In my sister's house, she leaves everything on - but she pays the bills, so ...

Leni

I don't know if you folks have Country Crock back there. It's mashed potatoes and other sides in a plastic tub. It's very sturdy and designed to go into the microwave plus they are dishwasher safe. I've been saving them for storage. I also use them for sending food home with my son. No worries about getting them back.

Embryodad

I don't know if you folks have Country Crock back there. It's mashed potatoes and other sides in a plastic tub. It's very sturdy and designed to go into the microwave plus they are dishwasher safe. I've been saving them for storage. I also use them for sending food home with my son. No worries about getting them back.
Yep.

They're on our to save for the kids list. The ricotta and sour cream ones are the same great tough plastic too. And ya know what? They are the containers they bring back!..... like WTH?