anyone youse edge pro sharpening?

noobietinker

Torist uses edgepro for proffessional tinker so anyone else do this?

Attachments

• edgepro.jpg
    edgepro.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 128

The Tourist

Banned
My company has a (loose) standard of client confidentiality. It's not something that seems to be a deal breaker, but I do offer it. If a client decides to be the first one to report he owns one of my knives, I begin debates and discussions.

There are member(s) here that own a Japanese knife(s), and him/her has many diverse sharpening tools and systems.

If they decide to share info, I will support the discussion.

As for my personal choices, yes, I am the proud owner of a lower level Hattori, and it cuts very well. For my choice, I have decided to remove as little metal with the "softest hand" I know how to do. That is why I use the Edge Pro when I make my first cuts. Very controlled.

And gee guys, I hate to sound "zen," but let's be honest. These are great knives, far better than most folks get to own. I watched a sword polisher on youtube offer the opinion that once a sword is polished, there is less of it in existence. On the surface, that sounds pretty obvious.

But lots of people just take a soft Arkansas or a Red India and grind off metal with no regard. In effect, destroying the knife they paid for and loved.

Actions have consequences.