Calling Vera Blue

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Good morning. I'm getting ready to leave, but I'll write tomorrow. In the meantime, if any of you are on facebook, Red Gravy has it's own Facebook page. Lots of new pictures from the past two weeks are there. Plus, Red Gravy can use lots of new friends, too

xox

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Vera, how about posting some of the pics here and then link to them from facebook? Pretty please!

I'll open up whatever forum you post them in so that guests can view the pics.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, how do I do that?? I'd be happy to give you the keys if you want!! I'm not that savvy, but would love to have the links!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The first week was good, the second week was gangbusters with a conference that was in town. Thanksgiving week....well, let's just say that next year I'll probably close and go visit my kids. It was completely dead. I opened on Friday on the advice from one of my staff members who insisted the Bayou Classic would bring hoardes of people into the area. True dat....but they all ate at Popeyes and McDonalds. Brunch on Saturday was nice and steady.
Opened this Monday to a very nice day, busier than the previous two Mondays. Yesterday was horrid weather and a power outage which affected business. Today is cold for down here and I'm very slow. We did have our first two bike deliveries today!!

I worry about paying the leases and rents. I send staff home when I see it's not busy enough to have them all. Lou comes in to help rather than have staff on the payroll.

Advertising is one of the biggest expenses. But, I have to advertise, so I do. I have some nice steady customers already ( a very nice group of coast guarders, usually 5 at a time), some office people from around the corner, hotel people, etc)... but I'd like to be busy everyday.

I get a bit discouraged when I have a dead day. I know the area is wonderful, everyone says so. I just have to be patient for the word of mouth factor to take effect.

I think of ways to improve sales, other than promotions. I may actually open later and stay open longer. I may open on Sundays.. I know if I can just make it to Mardi Gras I'll be alright, but I worry about everything in the mean time.

I know the food is great, I hear that all the time. I know the place looks great, because I hear that too. I just need more asses in the seats.:wink: Consistently, that is... The busy days are great, I just need more of them.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Doc, how do I do that?? I'd be happy to give you the keys if you want!! I'm not that savvy, but would love to have the links!

Pictures are 'locked out' for visitors to the forum. You have to join NCT to view them. It's a way to encourage membership.

I think what Doc meant is that if you post your pics from Red Gravy in a thread here, he'll unlock that thread to visitors so they can see them without joining. That way, even the forum 'guests' can see your restaurant, and maybe will be encouraged to try it if they're in the area. In your post you can put the links to Facebook.

Last edited: