Pocket Hose

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I may regret it, but I'm going to try one of these. The reviews are all over the place. Some give it an excellent review, and others say it's not worth the money.
But Wait, There's More :yum:

These seem to be pretty trustworthy reviews:

"KWCH-TV CBS 12 NewsWichita, KS has given Pocket Hose a positive review during their “Does it Work?” segment. The tester is a staff member at the local Botanica gardens..."

"The April issue of the Chicago Tribune’s “Prime Time” has highlighted the Pocket Hose in their Spring Cleaning feature! The feature describes the hose as being the opposite of a chore. They say it is light and collapsible, making any hose job easier than when using an ordinary rubber hose."

"AOL.com tested the green, growing Pocket Hose to find out if the product that you see on TV is really worth it. The tester was impressed at how long the hose was when he took it out of the package and unraveled it. He liked the fact that it fit in the palm of his hand, but did not think that it would fit in the pocket of his regular jeans. After reading the directions, he turned on the water and watched the hose grow screaming, “It’s alive!” The review mentions some pro’s of this product are the fact that it is affordable and does not kink or tangle."

http://pockethosereviews.wordpress.com/

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'd be interested in your thoughts on it Cooksie....I have been considering it too. I hate dragging around the garden hose and having to wind it up.

Calicolady

Goodmarnin!

Many of my "snowbird" neighbors have bought these hoses. They are older retirees who can't drag the bulky kind around, or want something light and compact to pack away when closing up the house. They, the hoses, are cool to see extend and then contract and seem to be working fine. But that was only for a few months. I don't know about long-term wear and tear.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK! We've missed you! How've you been?

Thanks for the review. I guess if you didn't hear them cussing, they must be working like they're supposed to :lol:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Goodmarnin!

Many of my "snowbird" neighbors have bought these hoses. They are older retirees who can't drag the bulky kind around, or want something light and compact to pack away when closing up the house. They, the hoses, are cool to see extend and then contract and seem to be working fine. But that was only for a few months. I don't know about long-term wear and tear.

Good to know, I'm going to try to get one this weekend.

I'll be sure to give y'all my review later.

Calicolady

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK! We've missed you! How've you been?

Thanks for the review. I guess if you didn't hear them cussing, they must be working like they're supposed to :lol:

Thanks, Mama.

Good to know, I'm going to try to get one this weekend.

I'll be sure to give y'all my review later.

Enjoy. I don't know what would happen if you tried to attach 2 together. I think they're about 25' long, extended. I'm just guessing from this faulty memory though.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Just planted my vegetable garden today and was thinking I could use a new more flexible hose

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I almost forgot about this. This hose is pretty neat. Like Calicolady said, it's cool to watch it expand and contract. It's almost kind of creepy watching it grow. Here's the size that mine contracted back to:

PocketHose.jpg

What I like about it:
- unbelievably light weight
- doesn't take up much space
- like the on/off valve (major plan for using it is to connect to a soaker hose, so I can turn the valve off, disconnect from the soaker hose before turning off the water, and it doesn't drag my soaker hose out of position...yay!)

I think it's great for watering plants on a deck or patio, but I'm not so sure about dragging it around in a garden. The instructions say not to drink the water from the hose, so I'm not sure that I'd use it for filling pet bowls or bird baths.

$20 for a 50' hose - not too bad - we'll see what happens down the road

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought a 25 ft. "X Hose" for the front of my house, for a few plants and to rinse off my car.

So far, I LOVE it! So lightweight! Don't know how durable it'll be, but I'm liking it new, anyway!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Hose-The-Incredible-Xpanding-Hose-/dp/B00A6G2TG6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369598234&sr=8-2&keywords=x-hose[/ame]

Lee