Wednesday 10/26/2011 What's on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have tomato sauce/gravy, Star cheese raviolis and hopefully Mama's bread sticks planned for today.

Any plans?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My sauce is done and simmering and the bread stick dough is kneading and rising in the bread machine.

Embryodad

Muscles in a garlic sauce (Frozen Boxed ) with stewed tomatoes heated up with hot peppers. All served over some kind of macaroni's.

Leni

Grilled hamburgers with all the trimmings. It's a beautiful fall day here. Not a cloud in the sky and it's only around 78 degrees with a light breeze.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made loaded chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Attachments

• dinner10262011.jpg
    dinner10262011.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 367

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm back in Florida and was out fishing today. Fran is cooking up some fresh grouper.

Last night I shucked a couple dozen oysters. This is a very good time of the year for them, but the prices, ooh la laaaaaa.

Embryodad

I made loaded chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Wow! Mama...that looks great. Uh! My eye is on that mound of mashed taters, and the well..filled with butter. Ummm!!

I get hollered at when I make a well like that full of butter....

BUT! .. When certain someones can sit watching tv and eat 8 saltines crackers with butter...I just say,"Gee I wish I could use some of that butter, that's on those crackers of Yours, on my mashed taters!" ....

Embryodad

Here is what I made for my supper.

Muscles / Stewed tomatoes / Dr'd. up with hot peppers and onions....and served on top of rigatoni.

Dessert will be DD's cookies later. DW is on her way home from South Jersey. She may have some goodies she usually picks up from the farm stand across the street from her Uncles Place.

55bbe772.jpg

057e0c6f.jpg

homecook

Jimmy, that is my ultimate way to eat mussels minus the rigatoni!! It's also my all time favorite meal. They look great!:thumb:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Cheese Raviolis topped with homemade sauce and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheese, fresh micro steamed broccoli and Mama’s garlic & herb bread sticks.

102611_ravioli_breadsticks.jpg

Embryodad

Those mussels look positively delicious.
Thanks buzzard767 they were eaten with gusto, and drippage all over my face. hahahahah

Jimmy, that is my ultimate way to eat mussels minus the rigatoni!! It's also my all time favorite meal. They look great!:thumb:

If there were enough muscles.. I only cooked one box of like 16.. I would have not needed the rigatoni.
Actually...I like clams..steamers; but I'll take muscles over clams. The muscles are easier on my tummy.

When I eat muscles..it is face / lips / cnin / and finger dripping. I DO NOT fork them out. I bite them out, and use the half shells as a spoon for the juice and other goodies in the mess.
I do like to eat those oyster crackers with them. The Vermont Chedder Crackers are super great. They are the big ones in the green cardboard can.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
veal w/ sage, pepper, & a poached egg; peppery arugula

Attachments

• IMG_006742.jpg
    IMG_006742.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 191

Embryodad

Cheese Raviolis topped with homemade sauce and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheese, fresh micro steamed broccoli and Mama’s garlic & herb bread sticks.

102611_ravioli_breadsticks.jpg
Nice dinner peep...but seriously..those breads make the dish very inviting. Y u M!

K

Kimchee

Pan fried pork steaks simmered in mushroom gravy...
Mashed potatoes...
salad.

(So back in NC, one could buy Yukon Gold potatoes by the pound.
Here in IN, all that's available by the pound are Russets.
((And a 5 pound bag of Yukons was $7.00!!!!))
I am now firmly in agreement that a Yukon makes a superior
mashed potato.)

homecook

All your dinners look and sound fantastic!

I made breaded pork chop, roasted butternut squash, applesauce and pan fried potatoes.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 179

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
awesome dinners. jimmy- i am a seafood junkie; um. yinz got great pix tonite!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyones meals sounds great!!

WOW Jimmy, luvs and Barb wonderful looking meals!!

Barb that chop looks fantastic. I like to give breaded chicken or pork a squirt of lemon. Is that a new plate? I like it.

Guts

All your dinners look and sound fantastic!

I made breaded pork chop, roasted butternut squash, applesauce and pan fried potatoes.
home cook on your pan fried potatoes are these just Raw potatoes, fried in the pan? Or do you use a pre-baked potato? or pre-cooked potato.

Embryodad

Everyones meals sounds great!!

WOW Jimmy, luvs and Barb wonderful looking meals!!

Barb that chop looks fantastic. I like to give breaded chicken or pork a squirt of lemon. Is that a new plate? I like it.
Thanks peep; your meal looks great also as does everyone's.

homecook

Thanks Jimmy and Peeps.

Guts, this time the potatoes were made from raw. Butter and oil in a hot pan, add potatoes and let sit until they get browned, flip and add chopped onion. Cover. Stir around til tender. About 20 minutes. In the past I have par-boiled the potatoes first and that works as well....

Last night was Purdue Italian-Style Turkey Meatballs with spaghetti. While they obviously didn't hold a candle to my homemade turkey meatballs, they were actually okay in a pinch. Not overly salty, like other brands. Served with warm bread & a green salad.