So yesterday I'm heading South on I75 and....

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
suddenly two vehicles where in the north bound ditch, one ramming the triple cable center guard, pieces of car flying everywhere (looked like a bomb going off), and if the cable broke I was going to have a windshield full of misery. I was in the left hand of three lanes and dove for the far right side so I wouldn't get hit with flying metal.

That was enough aerobics for the day. Here's what the morning paper had to say: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013...lier-county-run-into-traffic/?partner=popular

No, I wasn't the guy headed South who hit the runaway. :huh: He was behind me.

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow. sounds like a close call for you. Good reflexes. Drunk trying to run away from an accident he caused ...across three lanes of traffic. DUH. What an idiot. At least he was the only one hurt. Why people try to run after they mess up like that, I'll never get. Cars are registered. You won't get away from anything ...they'll know who did it. You are just putting off the inevitable. :bonk:

that's a pretty good paper. I got the sweet 16 ncaa TV schedules while I was there and some other interesting tidbits. Not bad. Much better than my local papers website. :yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It is very disconcerting when you see an accident unfolding in front of you, because you are helpless to do anything about it. I have witnessed that twice in my life, and hope to never see it again. From the news report it sounds like alcohol may have been involved (7:42 a.m.??), or could have been an incident of road rage. There are lots of angry people behind the wheels of cars today, and it's surprising how many get upset when you are driving the speed limit in the appropriate lane. It's just crazy, IMO.

Glad your timing put you where it did.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
WOW.....thank goodness you were alright! I'll bet you were wide awake after that!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
that's a pretty good paper. I got the sweet 16 ncaa TV schedules while I was there and some other interesting tidbits.

The little college up the road is making big news in the basketball world. With a little bit of luck those kids might just take it all. :)

From the news report it sounds like alcohol may have been involved (7:42 a.m.??), or could have been an incident of road rage.

Glad your timing put you where it did.

There were no vehicles withing a quarter of a mile in front and behind, so two cars, three lanes, both in the ditch heading right at me. Alcohol, drugs, yeah, something....

Timing is everything, especially for the unlucky driver somewhere behind me that hit the culprit.

WOW.....thank goodness you were alright! I'll bet you were wide awake after that!

Awake? Oy!!!! I was doing 70+ and my heart was doing 200. lol

Leni

Only 200? Very scary situation which really gives you no time to think at all. Glad that you are A Okay. Was Fran with you?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Only 200? Very scary situation which really gives you no time to think at all. Glad that you are A Okay. Was Fran with you?

No. She'd have sucked wind, grabbed my arm ripping my hands off the wheel, and created an accident of our own.... ;)