1 tsp. flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
oil
Preparation: Cook grits according to pkg. directions with 1/2 tsp. baking powder added to the water.
Stir in 2 beaten eggs.
Add margarine, flour, & sugar. Mix well.
Cook 15 minutes more.

Pour the grits mixture into a shallow baking dish to a thickness of about
3/4 inch. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerator overnight.

Cut grits into squares of desired size & Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Beat 3 eggs well & add 1/4 cup milk. Dip
squares in egg mixture & fry in hot oil in a large iron skillet until golden brown.
Turn only one time. Drain on paper towels and serve with Tomato Gravy*.

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=45107#post45107

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Mmmm, this sounds good, I've never had grits before. Kinda sounds like a French Toast in a way. Do you think it would ruin the consistency too much if I added cheese and green chili's?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know if it would; it might make them a little runny (the cheese) you could work with it and let us know.....but the chili's, choppped, shouldn't hurt.......... posted a cheesey grits recipe for you..........

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've never seen cold, runny grits. They would have had to been really runny to start with.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't think it would make them runny but the cheese may burn.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Mmmm, this sounds good, I've never had grits before. Kinda sounds like a French Toast in a way. Do you think it would ruin the consistency too much if I added cheese and green chili's?

The Italians make a polenta, chill it and then fry it as well and serve with a red sauce. I have eaten that even with the addition of cheese (cheesy polenta). It is very tasty.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I think I'll try it both ways, the regular way and adding the other stuff with the other half and see how it turns out. What do you serve this with? Or is it a main course?