Breezy Sesame Zucchini Carrot Ramen Noodles

Going to be enjoying this favorite of ours as a side to "Sesame-Seared Tuna Steaks" tonight. Not only is this quick, easy, & fairly healthy, but you can add in cooked shrimp or chicken to make it a full meal.

BREEZY SESAME ZUCCHINI CARROT RAMEN NOODLES

1 medium zucchini – OR – 1 small zucchini & 1 small yellow squash
1 medium carrot
1 scallion
1 package plain Ramen noodles (or 1-2 pkges. ramen soup mix – seasoning packet discarded)
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
Aprox. 1 teaspoon (about 1”) peeled & grated fresh ginger
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Soy sauce to taste
Vegetable oil
Hot sesame oil (or regular, if desired)

Wash & trim zucchini; trim & peel carrot. Cut both into small batons or matchsticks. Trim & slice scallion.

Cook ramen noodles according to package directions & drain.

In a medium/large skillet, heat a thin coating of vegetable oil & sauté squash & carrot until just barely tender. Add scallion, ginger, & garlic & stir a few times. Add drained noodles & combine gently. Add crushed red pepper flakes & soy sauce to taste & gently combine again. Serve with a drizzle of hot (or regular) sesame oil on top.

:chef:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
This sounds absolutely wonderful Breezy! Thanks for sharing it!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am getting more and more interested in ways to kick up Ramen noodle soups!

Such an easy way to make a satisfying meal on a cold winter night!

Thanks, Breezy!

Lee

And with all supermarkets these days having at least slightly expanded aisles with Asian ingredients/condiments, be sure to check out the Asian section for packages of PLAIN ramen noodles, minus the seasoning packet. They're same except perhaps for being a bit higher in quality, cook just as quickly, package is a little larger but unused portions store easily in a Ziploc bag, & you don't have to deal with the high-sodium seasoning packet (which I do use when I'm making ramen soups - have to admit that I'm a whore for that stuff - lol!).

You can add sesame seeds as well, but for some reason I find the sesame oil (I LOVE "hot" - aka "chili" - sesame oil) works better because it really helps gild & separate the noodles which can start out somewhat stuck together.