Latin-Inspired Cocktail Party

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would definitely like to go to a party like this! I might throw one1

I like the recipes for the two drinks, Caipirinha and Mojito (I have a lot of mint). But I can't seem to print them.

Could anyone copy and paste just the text for those 2 drinks here, so I can put them in Word to save?

Thanks!

Lee

Calicolady

Caipirinha-477.jpg
Jack Deutsch

Caipirinha

Hailed as the national cocktail of Brazil, this trendy libation is making its debut at summertime parties from coast to coast. Cachaca is Brazilian rum, but light rum can be substituted as well.​

Get the recipe for Caipirinha (click here to see full menu&pics&recipes)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Here ya go Lee...

Caipirinha

Hailed as the national cocktail of Brazil, this trendy libation is making its debut at summertime parties from coast to coast. Cachaca is Brazilian rum, but light rum can be substituted as well.

8 ounces cachaca
1/4 cup natural brown sugar
2 limes cut into eighths

In a cocktail shaker muddle lime wedges and sugar, add cachaca and fill shaker with ice. Shake, pour evenly among four glasses, and serve.

Makes 4 servings

Mojito Madness

Mix up a batch of oh-so-trendy mojitos and invite your friends over for some summer fun. Tantalizingly cool with a citrus bite, this cocktail fits the bill for a day at the beach or an early evening cooldown. For a counter to the sweet drink, salt the rims.

8 ounce light rum
1 cup mint leaves
2 limes cut into wedges
2 ounces mint-infused simple syrup (recipe below)
seltzer, to top

For Mint-infused simple syrup: Combine 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is clear, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 cup mint leaves. Let steep for 20 minutes. Strain mint leaves and let cool completely. The syrup will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to one week.

Combine mint leaves, lime wedges, and simple syrup in a tall bar glass or cocktail shaker.

Muddle together and add rum and shake or stir together. Top with seltzer.

To salt rims: Pour coarse salt into a shallow bowl. Wet rims with a lime wedge and flip over glass and rub in salt until rim is lightly coated.

Makes 4 servings

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, wonderful!!!

Thank you, Mama!!

Copied both and pasted!

Lee