Old El Paso flat bottomed taco shells

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
My dear wife Fran brought these beauties home from the super market. The flat bottoms allow not only to fill them while standing up unassisted but also accept MUCH MORE FILLING, a taco eaters delight. My only wish is that they were a bit less crunchy so they wouldn't tend to fall apart. There is a technique, though. Take some small bites out of the top area and then BIG horizontal bites outta the bottom.

I love tacos. :wub:

Attachments

• SDC12051.jpg
    SDC12051.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,840
  • SDC12053.jpg
    SDC12053.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 602

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I also love homemade tacos!! We have tried these also and Like them. My tech is to place the cheese in the bottom THEN the hot meat. This melts the cheese a bit and softens the bottom of the shell. It still cracks up higher and doesn't turn into a taco sammie as easily and the cheese kinda acts like glue. LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
bump!
Well it's been a year since Buzz posted this. lol
I finally bought some flat bottomed taco shells today.

2011-08-14 00-56-15.381.jpg

Tomorrow's dinner will be chicken tacos, from the second leg quarter + what I didn't eat of the other from my dinner today, rice, beans, garlic and some chopped pepper added.
I am going to try to make a cheese sauce to top them with using Monterey Jack.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
. My only wish is that they were a bit less crunchy so they wouldn't tend to fall apart.

I hate that, which is the reason I've only had one crunchy taco in my life, and that was when I was a kid.

Give me a soft tortilla any day!

Lee