Buffalo Chicken Breasts

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I got this recipe out of Taste of Home and it was FANTASTIC! I added a little seasoning.

The only thing that would make it better for me is if I could get similar results BAKING the chicken instead of frying it.

You think baked would be good?

I had four enormous chicken breasts so I cut them in half, froze half of the halves and pounded the remaining four. Still huge!

Served with steamed asparagus and salad with blue cheese chunks in it - heavenly!

Lee

Buffalo Chicken Breasts

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 oz. each)
1/4 teas salt
1/4 teas pepper
sprinkle of Adobo on each side of meat
sprinkle of Bell's poultry seasoning on each side
2 eggs
1/2 seasoned bread crumbs
3 T. canola oil
1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's)
2 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice

Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides with seasonings. Whisk eggs in one bowl, and pour bread crumbs in another bowl.

Heat oil in a large pan (medium heat).

Dip chicken first in eggs, then crumbs. Cook 7-10 minutes on each side, depending on size of chicken breasts. Brush with wing sauce on both sides during the last two minutes of cooking.

Top chicken with cheese and cover just until cheese melts.

DELICIOUS!!

Oh, and for leftovers, cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces, nuke, and toss with the rest of the blue-cheese salad! Great!

Attachments

• Buffalo chicken 1.JPG
    Buffalo chicken 1.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Buffalo chicken 2.JPG
    Buffalo chicken 2.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Buffalo chicken 3.JPG
    Buffalo chicken 3.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 131

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks great! If I were going to do it baked, I'd use toasted bread crumbs. I think it would work just fine.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Indeed, it does, Sherman!

But the Buffalo Wing sauce gives it a whole different flavor twist!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Indeed, it does, Sherman!

But the Buffalo Wing sauce gives it a whole different flavor twist!

Lee

But I couldn't possibly eat all that hot sauce like that. It would mess up my system and have me living in the bathroom!!

But it's not a bad idea to try Chicken Parm that way!! Just gave me an idea! Next time that I make Chicken Parm, I WILL try doing it that way! :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Or I can use my famous Honey Buffalo Sauce on the chicken breasts.

That way, the sauce isn't as strong & intense as straight-up hot sauce from the bottle! :eating2:

Ian M.

Lee, that chicken looks mouth-watering! Makes me ravenously hungry RIGHT NOW!!

Sherman - You've doubtless already posted your recipe for the Honey BBG sauce somewhere and I just missed it - if not, shouldya, couldya, wouldya?
PLEASE!! Like Lee, I love anything Honey BBQ!

Ian M. :clap:

Shermie

Site Supporter

Ian M.

Thanks, Sherman - I just posted another thank you on the thread along with your Honey Barbecue recipe. We're going to be having a big whing-ding picnic the first week of June or thereabouts and your "wings" are going to be the centerpiece of the party! All credit where it's due, I'll be sure to let everyone know where the recipe came from, too. Now that I think about it, I think I'll give them a "test run" this coming weekend, as well. Gotta be sure I got it right!

Ian M. :weber:

Shermie

Site Supporter
QSis, you've inspired me to copycat your Buffalo Chicken Breast recipe into Chicken Parm, and that is what I'm having for dinner tonight!!

Starting the sauce now, but it'll be kind of a quick nifty one, then I'll fry the chicken breasts. And pour the sauce over them, top them with mozzarella after they've smothered right in the skillet!!

Have it with some broccoli & rice!! I'll take & post a few pics of the progress as I go along. :eating2:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds wonderful, Sherman!

Please start your own thread for it!

Lee