What Are You Eating Sunday August 12 to Saturday 18?

Embryodad

We were supposed to have burgers tonight....but,
luganega sausage and macaroni won out instead!
Stella D'Oro cookies for dessert!

IMG_1130 (640x640).jpg

IMG_1131 (640x640).jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yes Jimmy, I love your dinner!
Those cookies, I've been looking for them and can't find them.

That said, I've no idea about dinner tonight.
Maybe beef goulash?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight may be ham, or burgers in mushroom gravy, noodles and we've got tons of fresh tomatoes from the farmers market.

Embryodad

Tina came back from her shopping spree in Pennsylvania with her friend, and my cousin.
So.... Gluttony for supper tonight.
If I pass the sugar shock after 4 KK doughnuts, I'll be devouring one of those eclairs tonight for a bedtime snack.. :good:

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's NY Strip, Baked Russet, Chopped Collards.........

I didn't plate the Onions - I let the wine reduce too far........

New York Strip, Baked Potato, Chopped Collards.jpg

Embryodad

Mommy put these delicious pork butt steaks in the cast aluminum skillet on low simmer. I just keep adding water as it steams away.
I just threw in the potato wedges to absorb the sweet juices as they cook. Mommy likes Puh day duz wit her meals!:blob_blue:
Just gotta heat em up at suppertime.

IMG_1139.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Change of plans.
We're getting subs from a place called Tano's.
Neither of us were feeling stewy lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This evening we're going to St. George's church festival in Toledo.
Lots of middle eastern food I hear, as well as the usual American offerings.
So that's going to be dinner.
:smile:

Johnny West

We made it back from UT last evening - trip over was eventful. I got picked up for speeding twice within an hour of each other...one he reduced down and the second gave a warning then wanted to chat about or military background.He saw my retired ID when I got out my license. We have thee app where evened watches out for cops but then you have to have folks around you with it, as well.

We didd not go out to eat this week but got carryout from someplace every night. It was all good. I finally tried matt's chicken dish from 350 Main and it was good. I'd never order it in the restaurant, though. I'd rather have his steak.

Tonight we are going to a friend of my #1 soon for the August birthday's BBQ. They are doing brisket and steaks. Wee are taking a blueberry dessert.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Pa. Dutch Noodles, Mini-Balls in Gravy and Peas, dusted with Grated Parmesan, and a Salad....

Meatballs and Noodles.jpg

Embryodad

It was mentioned to have spaghetti and meatballs and sausage, but I see ground beef, and that struck a thought of chili cheese burgers. Got Hamburger buns too.
Spaghetti could be tomorrow's supper. And the next day, and days after. Tina made 2 gallons of sauce and meatballs. I asked her if she was going to serve it at the church soup kitchen.... LOL

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Andouille gnocchi with spicy tomato sauce and collard greens.

Attachments

• 2018-08-18 17.40.25.jpg
    2018-08-18 17.40.25.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 97

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner was chicken cutlets (dredged in highly seasoned flour) pan fried in butter and olive oil, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and lemon pan gravy.

chicken_081818_IMG_4739.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had ground beef sfeeha, a little hand pie and could taste onion,cinnamon and nutmeg distinctly.
It was very good!
Reminded me a little of the samosas that we used to eat across the pond.

The stuffed grape leaves also were yummy, they had rice, tomatoes and a variety of spices.
There was RAW kibbeh. Some of the older gentlemen were loving it.
No thanks!

This was all Lebanese food.
While I can't say I'm a fan, it was nice to try it.
The entertainment was interesting.
Musical bands and dancers.
My bit of culture for the year.
Lol

Embryodad

Dinner was chicken cutlets (dredged in highly seasoned flour) pan fried in butter and olive oil, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and lemon pan gravy.

View attachment 28139
Looks awesome Peeps.
Tina and DD make a similar but the pan juices of oil and butter and garlic, splashed with gargles of white wine and lemon juice, I don't like it.
The chicken gets too wet. I won't eat wet or juicy chicken.

May I ask for your recipe for that great looking gravy?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a meatball/excellent sauce/localally-made Italian bread/ & butter, summer shandy & cider, too-- we luv our bartenders, & thier food~~

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be attending a 5:00 PM performance of Cirque du Soleil, so I'm not sure what DS and DDL have planned for dinner, if anything...... we'll see...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Looks awesome Peeps.
Tina and DD make a similar but the pan juices of oil and butter and garlic, splashed with gargles of white wine and lemon juice, I don't like it.
The chicken gets too wet. I won't eat wet or juicy chicken.

May I ask for your recipe for that great looking gravy?

Thank you Jimmy. I added the highly seasoned dredging flour (it had my house blend seasoning (lots of spices), chicken bouillon and poultry seasoning in it) to the pan with additional butter and cooked it for about a minute. Then chicken stock and lemon juice till it looked right. Cooked scraping the fond off the pan till it thickened. It was a bit thick but didn't want to play with it. I didn't put chicken back in gravy to coat. I just draped the chicken with the gravy.

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. I added the highly seasoned dredging flour (it had my house blend seasoning (lots of spices), chicken bouillon and poultry seasoning in it) to the pan with additional butter and cooked it for about a minute. Then chicken stock and lemon juice till it looked right. Cooked scraping the fond off the pan till it thickened. It was a bit thick but didn't want to play with it. I didn't put chicken back in gravy to coat. I just draped the chicken with the gravy.
Thank you so much.....