What's Your Fav Sandwich?

Saw this on another forum, & was hard pressed as to just one. What's your fav &/or most unusual sandwich?

One at the top of my sandwich list is brisket on rye w/ mustard, with a side of slaw & cold mac or potato salad. A reuben & Philly cheese steak are some other faves.

Most unusual(?) - liverwurst w/ sweet red peppers & mayo.

What do you like on your sandwich?

K

Kimchee

One of my favorites is my classic childhood one:
bologna and mustard. If I get the mustard amount just right, the
taste transports me back to childhood!

Most unusual: Onion bun, cheddar cheese, Louisiana hot sauce sardines, onions.

Most favorite: probably a classic Italian sub, currently Jersey Mike's hits the correct spot.

I could live on sandwiches.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I love sandwiches, too. A good, grilled cheese sandwich always hits the spot. But a Philly cheese steak makes my toes curl up in ecstasy!

Lefty

Yank
Can I just make a list of favorites?

Hot Pastrami on Rye

Grilled Cheese

"Carnival Sub" which to me is a sausage sub grilled with onions, peppers shrooms topped with cheese.

Open face turkey sandwich with gravy

Leftover meatloaf sammy

Hamburger

Hotdog

I have to stop. :yum:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Hamburger has to top the list. I like meatloaf sandwiches, and meatball subs too. I'm also a big fan of Schlotsky's Original.

Most unusual? I made a grilled PB and banana on sour dough the other day. Yum!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Muffaletta with lots of olive dressing is my favorite. Schlotzsky's original and Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, and Tomato are close seconds.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Attachments

• chicken-club.jpg
    chicken-club.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 307
  • ham-asparagus-sandwich.jpg
    ham-asparagus-sandwich.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 364

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i luv braunswieger sammiches.
curried chix salad is another- (poached chix, mayo, diced eng. cuke, grn. curry paste, pepper.)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
"Carnival Sub" which to me is a sausage sub grilled with onions, peppers shrooms topped with cheese.

oh the things i could tell you about eating those..lol

i have many close runners for sammies...

a pulled pork sammie of course

another one i use to get at home was called a Beef & Buttons Sub(steak,onions,mushrooms sauted then some kind of brown sauce on it,with a homemade mayo topped with cheese)

a hot pastrami sandwich from The Hat or a homemade rueben

i like a plain old egg salad sandwich on toast

BLT hold the L

the list could go on forever..lol

No way I could ever pick just one.

A full AUTHENTIC cold Italian sub - cappicole ham, mortadella, salami, provolone cheese, marinated vegetables, etc., etc.

REAL Limburger & raw onions on white bread.

Sardines in olive oil with raw red onion & lettuce on a crusty roll.

Good liverwurst & onion with good mustard on rye bread.

An AUTHENTIC "Reuben Sandwich" - good corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, & Thousand Island dressing - properly grilled.

A well-made New Orleans Oyster Po' Boy!!!!! For that means a crusty baguette or Italian loaf, properly fried oysters, shredded lettuce, & homemade tartar sauce featuring real French cornichon pickles.

Well-made chicken parmesan or eggplant parmesan sub sandwiches.

Good shrimp or chicken or crab salad on white bread with mixed lettuce.

Really - I know I'm leaving out quite a few; these are just the ones popping off the top of my pointy little head at the moment.

Newnork1978

My absolute favorite sandwich is Tuna Salad with Tomato & Lettuce on a Croissant. It's been a life-long favorite of mine. :heart:

oh the things i could tell you about eating those..lol

i have many close runners for sammies...

a pulled pork sammie of course

another one i use to get at home was called a Beef & Buttons Sub(steak,onions,mushrooms sauted then some kind of brown sauce on it,with a homemade mayo topped with cheese)

a hot pastrami sandwich from The Hator a homemade rueben

i like a plain old egg salad sandwich on toast

BLT hold the L

the list could go on forever..lol

Mama mia (lol) & Fryboy, those sandwiches look delish!

Bams, I just did "The Twist" around the Living room. ;-) Wish there was a "Hat" in my area.

Years ago, we went to Nathan's in Coney Island (New York), and I had a (chicken?) chow mein sandwich on a fluffy hamburger bun. Sounded odd, but it was Oh so good. (Grandma had a beer w/ hers ;-))

GotGarlic

lol FryBoy - I keep telling DH I need a bigger monitor! Those look scrumptious!

My fave sandwich is pulled bbq pork with cole slaw and vinegary sauce. I also love a good BLT with garden-fresh tomatoes and a grilled cheese sandwich with cheddar and provolone cheeses and a bit of mustard. And open-faced turkey with gravy. Yum.

abi_csi

My fave savoury sandwich is on brown / multiseed. Spread Vegemite or Marmite, avocado a poached egg and tomato.
My fave sweet sandwich is toasted bread with chocolate spread and marshmallows.

Guts

French dip/Hot pastrami on pumpernickel rye bread/ squid sandwich from Point Loma Seafood's. (in SD ca.) I can' pick just one...