Did Aaron McCargo Jr. Leave the Food Network?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Does anyone know if Aaron McCargo Jr. left the Food Network?

I don't see him now on the Food Network's homepage roster! Did he not renew his contract? I DID read a while ago, that he wants to open another restaurant, preferably a steakhouse one.

I'll miss him if he DID leave the network!!! :cooking:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's a pic of what he looks like (below);

His show, I guess, still comes on. It just wasn't on this week.

Some holiday eps are scheduled for the upcomming Christmas season.

There is no mention at all of him leaving the Food Network, so it might be safe to assume that he isn't. Maybe he's off for the holiday season to spend some time with his family, and will probably resume taping the show when he come back to the studio.

And BTW, I wear earrings just like his!!! He's my idol and my #1 TV chef!! :cooking:

Attachments

• Aaron McCargo JR..jpg
    Aaron McCargo JR..jpg
    71 KB · Views: 10,032

SilverSage

Resident Crone
The show has indeed been cancelled and is no longer in production.

His ratings were in the tank. The reruns have been banished to 7:30 in the morning on Saturdays.

Shermie

Site Supporter
So what happens with him now?

Is he still with the network, or has he gone on to greener pastures? Hopefully, he'll come back with another show. I'de like to get his show on DVD. I DID record a lot of the episodes on VHS.

Hopefully the Cooking Channel will pick up the reruns. The blasted Food Network never said anything and left people in the dark!!!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I even hate the Food Network's website now, because every blasted time I go there to try to find out about one of the chefs there, I get startled to death by those aggravating and annoyingly aggressive ear-busting loud videos that always pop up!!!!

I hardly watch that channel now, and probably won't because it seems that Aaron was only there for 3 short years, while others are still there and have been much longer than that!!!!

Food Network, you need to man up and tell us; is Aaron coming back or not?!! Why did he leave and why does he no longer appear on your home page roster?!! :twak:

Ralphanator

I watched the next network star show he was on and thought he was average. When he won and had his First show he cooked a steak au poivre and in my opinion he really messed it up he cooked two steaks in one pan that was way to small as I remember the steaks were flopping over the edge of the pan and the au poivre sauce didn't look tasty at all. After tha show I figured he didn't know WTF he was doing and I never watched another one of his shows.

I could be wrong it was a long time ago and I never gave him a second look.Im sure there are many Chefs I like and others don't.

Shermie

Site Supporter
His cooking DID improve since he began the show.

It's just too bad that the show ended and that lousy Food Network had nothing else for him, not even a spin-off of his show!!

I think that is so wrong what they did to him!!! I'm friends with him on Facebook. I've been checking there to se if anything new has developed, but nothing has, yet.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Aaron is STILL listed on FoodNetwork.com under Chefs.

They're still talking like he's there, even though is show was canceled!! Maybe he's in hiatus and might come back with something else.

I think that they really shafted him!! Others, when their shows end, they are given another show to do.