🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peep's Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup

White Button mushrooms - caps and stems cleaned and chopped fine
Shiitake mushrooms - stems discarded - caps chopped fine
Oyster mushrooms - cleaned and chopped fine
Cremini mushrooms - caps and stems cleaned and chopped fine
Baby Bella mushrooms - caps and stems cleaned chopped fine
Dried porcini mushrooms - soak in warm water (cover by 1 inch) to plump, chop fine, save liquid to add later
Onion - chopped fine
Salt and ground pepper
Butter

Burgundy wine
Beef stock

Sauté mushrooms and onions in butter till soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add dried porcini liquid and simmer till liquids are reduced and almost gone (this will intensify the mushroom flavor). Add Burgundy wine (to taste) and Beef stock in proportion to the amount of mushrooms you have and how thick or thin you like your soup. Simmer for 10 minutes.

To make the cream part of soup:
All-Purpose Flour
butter
1/2 and 1/2
Salt and ground pepper

Cook flour in butter (equal amounts of each) for 1 - 2 minutes. Add enough 1/2 & 1/2 to make a very thick mixture. Add salt and ground pepper to taste. Cook for about 1 minute stirring. Then add to the soup. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.

Sorry I don't have exact measurements as I made this recipe up. But the only part you need to worry about is the cream part and you can always make more and add it to soup till you get it the way you like it. Start off small and add more if necessary.

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Re: My Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup

Sounds great! I love the use of the Burgundy wine. I'll defintely be trying this! Thanks!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Mmmmm. I can taste it now. Easy to make and everyone knows how much I love to chop veggies.

homecook

I make something real close to this.....I add fresh thyme also. It gives it that extra something.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Mmmmm. I can taste it now. Easy to make and everyone knows how much I love to chop veggies.
thank you. i use a pampered chef chopper similar to the "you're gonna love my nuts" slap chop. works like a charm for this recipe.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Sounds great! I love the use of the Burgundy wine. I'll defintely be trying this! Thanks!
thank you and let me know what you think. i use burgundy in many recipes including gravies, soups and tomato sauce. oh and my hot dog, onion and tomato concoction.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

thank you and let me know what you think. i use burgundy in many recipes including gravies, soups and tomato sauce. oh and my hot dog, onion and tomato concoction.

OH!! Tell me more!!! :clap:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

oh btw you can make this recipe and leave out the cream part to have just a mushroom soup.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

thank you. i use a pampered chef chopper similar to the "you're gonna love my nuts" slap chop. works like a charm for this recipe.

Takes the fun out of it. I like to use big ol' Japanese Gyutos - chop chop chop

AritsugaComposite.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Takes the fun out of it. I like to use big ol' Japanese Gyutos - chop chop chop

AritsugaComposite.jpg
sweet knife!! i have my wushoff but i don't wanna spend all that extra time before i get to the soup!! LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

enjoy and let me know what you think of it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Here are the pictures of the soup before and after the cream is added

Wild Mushroom Soup (before cream added)

golden_mushroom_soup_081309_P1030678.JPG

Cream Of Wild Mushroom Soup

cream_mushroom_soup_081309_P1030685.JPG

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Wow, that looks sooooooo good! Two bowls please with lots of garlic bread!! :clap:

Awesome!