"Honey Whole wheat Pizza Dough"

Embryodad

Embryodads ( Jimmy's ) Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough.

This is the second time I had attempted this dough with Honey that is....and this time it raised in 2 hours. I found out that using the Rapid Rise Granulated Yeast was why!
I usually never use that type yeast...but I guess it works well with Whole Wheat Flour.?/! :WitchBrewsSmiley:

This made 2- 16" diameter pizza crusts (thin).

1-Cup AP Flour
2-Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1- Tbs. Granulated Sugar
1-tsp. Salt
1-1/2 tsp. "Quick Rise" Granulated Yeast
4- Tbs. Honey
3- Tbs. olive oil
1- Cup luke warm Water

In my KA stand Mixer.. I added the 1 Cup AP flour, and all the other ingredients but ( NOT )the 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour.

Mix with a spoon until a slurry is formed.....then add the 2 Cups of the Whole Wheat Flour, and blend in lightly so that when mixing with the dough hook attachment it won't spew out dry flour all over.

Place on the Stand Mixer, and with the dough hook, mix on low speed for approx 4 minutes.

Remove and lightly oil a bowl twice the size of the dough ball approx., and oil the dough lightly. Let rise covered until double in size. Approx. 2 hours in a 72ºF to 85ºF environment.

When proofed....divide dough in half for 2- 14 to 16" diameter pizza pies.
note:
Use the 14" diameter pan for a thicker edge crust.

We don't like thick edge crust. We like to fill up on toppings and cheese; and not Thick Edge Crust!

2f4c97d4.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy!! We also like a thin crust. Less bread is better in my mind.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's some awesome looking pizza Jimmy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy!! We also like a thin crust. Less bread is better in my mind.

Yeah! Peep... If I get a request for end crust....I add cheese all around. :hide:

I'm a thin crust person too. I think you've got pizza-making perfected!

I have been making pizza since I was.....uh about 16.
Experimenting and trying to perfect the system for the remainder, and I'm still looking for a perfect match to a good pizza.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again.... There has never been a time, where no matter where or who made pizza, that it has been the same.

The Gino's frozen pizza, and the Domino's pizza is even in the same category. There are no two made the same. IMO anyway.

Looks really good.

Thanks Norm. It was different (as far as the honey taste and sweetness).

Embryodad

It's so weird...as I finished the previous post......the Domino's Tracker ad is on the TV right in front of me. Ha Ha Ha Ha ........