What have you eaten Sunday, 2/9/2020 to Saturday, 2/15/2020?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The only day I'll have a chance to cook dinner again will be this Wednesday.
I'm working today pretty much into next Sunday.
:dizzy:

Embryodad

Tina has a small pot of Pea soup a cookin on the stove.
I looked at it cooking, and commented,"Is it Flushable?"

"Boy, am I on the $h!t list today!"

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have my chicken stock cooking (bones, backs, other bits and skin from 2 rotisserie chickens, unpeeled carrots, unpeeled onion, outer tough celery stalks, green leek tops, parsley stems (all washed and roots cleaned) and one large boneless/skinless chicken breast). The house smells wonderful. I can actually smell it! I'll chop veggies later while stock is cooling. Will be served over brown rice topped with Parmigiano Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tina has a small pot of Pea soup a cookin on the stove.
I looked at it cooking, and commented,"Is it Flushable?"

"Boy, am I on the $h!t list today!"

Awwww! I'll have your portion, Jimmy!

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
salmon patties, grits and asparagus - the asparagus was especially good - I suspect a very fresh shipment, perfectly steamed to the tooth,,,,

IMG_0635[1].jpg

Embryodad

It actually is good. The peas actually all melted fine

Carrots and potatoes diced along with the ham.

IMG_1733.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have my chicken stock cooking (bones, backs, other bits and skin from 2 rotisserie chickens, unpeeled carrots, unpeeled onion, outer tough celery stalks, green leek tops, parsley stems (all washed and roots cleaned) and one large boneless/skinless chicken breast). The house smells wonderful. I can actually smell it! I'll chop veggies later while stock is cooling. Will be served over brown rice topped with Parmigiano Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses.

Chicken soup

chicken_soup_030920_IMG_6701.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made stuffed artichokes. Also corned beef, cabbage and potatoes.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
ye olde franks&beans with L/O potato salad (from the other night when we all had Tyson chicken strips and potato salad!)

IMG_0636.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sriracha Shrimp, Fried in Duck Fat, Teriyaki Rice,

Asparagus from a can (UGH !)
Made Cole Slaw this morning, but forgot !

Shrimp, Sriracha.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night I had Campbell's slow kettle style potato soup and Cheezits, fruit.. then a Nestle crunch bar from the vending machine. Lol

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
A Pan Dance tonight - Ground Beef, Onion,Diced Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Elbows, topped with a White Cheddar Melt...Chili Powder, Garlic Powder.... not quite Goulash, not quite soup....

Pan Dancing 2020.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've got back to back appointments late this afternoon so not sure if I'll be making dinner late! or just grabbing something to eat.
Busy days!

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
results of the panko chicken parm.....
don't.
recipe goes like:
marinara on the bottom
sprinkle of mozz
sprinkle of fresh basil
lay on the s&p'd chicken breast (I sliced thinner = done-before-rubber texture)
top with mix of panko & Parmesan cheese; with dried oregano

I suppose the theory is the liquid soaks up to the top panko layer. it does not.
around the chicken the panko mix made a nice (soft) "dressing/stuffing" type, but the top remain dry as a bone. panko sawdust on top of chicken&sauce.....
IMG_0644.jpg
IMG_0646.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
results of the panko chicken parm.....
don't.
recipe goes like:
marinara on the bottom
sprinkle of mozz
sprinkle of fresh basil
lay on the s&p'd chicken breast (I sliced thinner = done-before-rubber texture)
top with mix of panko & Parmesan cheese; with dried oregano

I suppose the theory is the liquid soaks up to the top panko layer. it does not.
around the chicken the panko mix made a nice (soft) "dressing/stuffing" type, but the top remain dry as a bone. panko sawdust on top of chicken&sauce.....
View attachment 35423
View attachment 35424

Eeek!
This is precisely why I won't follow some recipes to the letter.
Shoulda pan fried those beforehand.
Maybe?
But then it wouldn't have been a true dump recipe.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
the chicken did fine - it was the topping that failed....
I have taken to slicing chicken breast to about 1/2" in thickness.
recent trends are .5 - .8 lbs per breast - they're huge. and so thick that by the time the inner bits are cooked 'right' the out bits have turned to rubber....

the sliced off chunks got poached and became chicken salad sandwiches for lunch.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Damn, Karen! Everytime you post a photo of this dish, I swear I'm going to try it!

Then I promptly forget!

Lee

You really should. It's a really great dish. I use a pound of meat and 1-1/2 cups Jasmine rice, and we get dinner and breakfast the next morning for both of us.

I use the recipes at mykoreankitchen.com. I do try to break up the cooking a bit though since you cook each thing separately. I toast the sesame seeds first, then use that pan to cook the carrots in some boiling salted water, rinse pan, then use the same pan to cook the spinach, wipe out/rinse, then the mushrooms, wipe/rinse, then finally the meat later in the day when it's time for dinner, starting the rice a bit before the meat gets cooked so they finish at the same time. I prep as I go, and somewhere along the way make the marinade (tripling the recipe for 1 pound) for the meat and the bibimbap sauce, which I double as Craig likes it. I put the eggs in the sous vide this time, but they can be fried or soft boiled. Oh, and I cook the bean sprouts in the same pan I later use for the rice. So, a 2 pan meal.

Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
DW is doing dinner with the Hen Party Gang - so for me.... veal chops.
about 4 mins/side - tender and juicy! bi-color corn we put up last summer; store made cole slaw.

Attachments

• VealChops.jpg
    VealChops.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 158