DSC_4518s.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
...make . . .

no - (most of) these are from http://www.cpbasils.com/

he makes the best stuff - not only the quality but the designs are "right" - the angles, etc. are done right so they are not awkward.

I oil/wax mine 2x / year because they (a) get used a lot and (b) go through the dishwasher.

he also is one of very few that makes items in a lefty version.

expensive, but well worth it - some of those in the pix are 10+ years old.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like the slot in the handle to hang over the pot - I don't have any like that.

How come you put them in the dishwasher, Chowder? I thought I had to do them by hand.

My friend put one of my wooden salad bowls through the dishwasher one time and it came out all bleached out and dry. Can I revive it with that conditioner?

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
"pot sitters" - it is clever - but one caution...when using high heat, the heat comes up around the pot sides and crisps the wood if left there for long(er) periods (especially on gas tops.) for the 'hold this spoon while I add . . ' situation it is a splendid advantage. works great for slow simmers/stews and the like - you know, where you cover the pot . . . (g)

yeah. a dishwasher is not the best thing in their life..... these are black walnut - it really takes the abuse. in ten+ years I've not had one split/break/etc. oh, except one I gave to my son - his Husky ate it....the handle "end" is now a key chain fob.

and since they do go thru the dishwasher I do need to oil/wax them more frequently than spoons living a more sheltered life.

the conditioner is just premixed mineral oil plus beeswax. pretty standard concoction for kitchen wood stuff. the curved paddle (2nd from left) and the toast tongs (top of heap, which I use as a tong for everything, but seldom toast....) are more the "original" color. the wood darkens with age and dishwasher and oiling . . . .

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
typical Husky. if you don't run with him 5 miles a day, yer' gonna need more pillows.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 157