Cannellini with Browned Butter Sage Sauce

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Every time I think I invented a recipe, I find that someone else has beaten me to it. :bonk:

I still may have "invented" this one, with ideas from other recipes. But I need some help to make it better.

I am on a kick with browned butter and sage sauce, since I have so much fresh sage and want to use it before the frost.

And, as much as I adore pasta, I'm trying to eat it very sparingly.

Sooooo, I bought a couple of cans of Goya cannellini beans, drained and rinsed them and put them in a mesh strainer to drain more.

I browned 3 T. butter, tossed in a handful of fresh sage leaves and cooked them till crisp. Dumped in the beans and tossed with the butter and sage, and sprinkled with a little dash of red pepper flakes. Turned on the heat and stirred until hot.

The flavor was wonderful, but the beans absorbed the sauce.

How can I prevent the beans from absorbing so much of the sauce????

Lee

Attachments

• Cannellini with brown butter sage sauce.JPG
    Cannellini with brown butter sage sauce.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 80

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I don't know about the beans, but fresh sage freezes pretty good I discovered when we bought a container of it but only used a little. I thought what the heck, it's going to go bad anyway, might as well throw it in the freezer.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Just got our new Food and Wine mag. There's a recipe for Parisienne gnocchi with browned butter, sage and Jambon ham. I keep talking about making Parisienne gnocchi, maybe I'll finally get around to it as this recipe looks pretty good.