What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: What are you baking today?

Looks great Barb! Hey...it's 83 degrees here....maybe I should bake some bread! :lol:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Beautiful Italian bread, Barb. I'm feeling a bit of competition. LOL Well done, grasshopper!:clap:

homecook

No competition from me...............yet. :lol:

I couldn't have done it without your help and baking class. Hubby and son and I thank you!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I got rained out this afternoon, so I made some jam Kolaches with crushed walnut topping, and replenished the sandwich rolls in the freezer with 3 oz. whole wheat rolls.

P1010701.jpg

P1010700.jpg

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter

Sorry Joe, I don't bake anymore. No one around to eat anything. I use to bake something everyday. All yours look so good!!

smoke king

Banned

We're celebrating Mothers day a week late, so tomorrow I'll bake Pineapple/banana/oatmeal muffins for breakfast, a Pineapple-pear streudel and coffee creme brulee.

Tomorrows going to be a very fattening day..............

lilylove

We're celebrating Mothers day a week late, so tomorrow I'll bake Pineapple/banana/oatmeal muffins for breakfast, a Pineapple-pear streudel and coffee creme brulee.

Tomorrows going to be a very fattening day..............

fattening but very happy! Have fun!!!!:a1::tiphat::D

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

DD's wedding shower is tomorrow, and the arrangers (2 SIL's) asked me to make the rolls for the sammies (2 oz. size for ladies). It's 9:30 a.m. and they are all finished. Now I can go to work and make some money. I have a bunch of sourdough starter in the background. I really should make some bread with it.

P1010812.jpg

smoke king

Banned

You know, its rainy and overcast, a good day to bake! Maybe some banana-nut muffins.........

I bought some bananas about 45 minutes ago, they ought to be going bad any minute now!:yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Tomorrow is Father's Day and we'll have a crowd over for Panco crusted Walleye, Redskin home fries, homemade cole slaw (Mama's recipe, and it's already done and in the fridge soaking up the goodness) and everyone's favorite dessert, Cinnamon Rolls...

P1010823.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to get out in the new float tube in the morning before slaving the rest of the day in the kitchen. :bonk::yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

That means you have some time to go cut up that tree that got messed up in the storm. Get moving, woman!:hide:

homecook

Here's a pic of the Honey Wheat bread and rolls I made.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 153

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

nothing! horray! it's the weekend! i don't like pastries class except i like my instructor. i'll miss her & that is it, only like a week-&-a-half more! great that some people can bake! that's awesome! cause i sure love baked foods!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Here's a pic of the Honey Wheat bread and rolls I made.

LOOK AT YOU!!!! Fantastic. You can be my helper when I do the next bread baking class before Thanksgiving. The pay is great...all you can eat that we bake.

homecook

LOOK AT YOU!!!! Fantastic. You can be my helper when I do the next bread baking class before Thanksgiving. The pay is great...all you can eat that we bake.

Thank you Joe!! That means alot. Dh thanks you too.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

we didn't bake today, though we frosted our genoise/mousse layer cake, decorated it, then chocolate-dippedd biscotti & drizzled them. pics to follow.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we didn't technically bake today, we plated, though. baklava with a creme anglaise, orange segments, candied orange peel & mint gastrique.
then tiramisu rounds with "imprinted" chocolate (the chocolate that you thinly place over acetate with designs on it, & the design, when refrigerated, melds with the chocolate.), tumbleweed, berries iwth balsamic glaze, kalhua whipped cream, & mango & raspberry hearts. i love cooking.:wub:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Came home from work and needed to get the freezer stocked again. Made a batch of basic white bread sandwich buns, a loaf of Italian and some Italian rolls to take on the boat tomorrow, and 8 English Muffins.

Attachments

• Bread 062609.jpg
    Bread 062609.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 168
  • EngMuffins-2.jpg
    EngMuffins-2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 163

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Joe, I'm coming up to your place next week for lessons! I cook pretty well; I'm pretty good on pastries; but I can't do breads to save my live!

Are you willing to teach?????

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Joe, I'm coming up to your place next week for lessons! I cook pretty well; I'm pretty good on pastries; but I can't do breads to save my live!

YEAH! Time for class. I'm coming too Joe!! :clap:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I would consider it an honor to teach bread baking to my fellow NCT'ers. Unfortunately, if you come next week you'll have to keep driving North for another 6 hours, because my ass will be in Grayling Michigan trout fishing, cooking some vittles and partaking of copious amounts of adult beverages.:tongue:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I would consider it an honor to teach bread baking to my fellow NCT'ers. Unfortunately, if you come next week you'll have to keep driving North for another 6 hours, because my ass will be in Grayling Michigan trout fishing, cooking some vittles and partaking of copious amounts of adult beverages.:tongue:

Actually, that's OK with me. I don't know where Mentor is, but I sure know how to get to Grayling. Great golfing in that area!

(You can't escape us that easily!)

Status
Not open for further replies.