Ni pedo
Site Supporter
do you smoke cigarettes?

well? you can remain silent..lol

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I used to. Smoked for over 20 years but quit 9 years ago...one of the best decisions I ever made.

chowhound

Not for close to two years, but I still think about it.
And I am by no means what I refer to as a "born again non-smoker". The people who have quit and now try to push quitting on everyone else. That pisses me off. All these cities and states banning smoking pisses me off, too. Too much regulating going on for me.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm ashamed to admit it but yes, I smoke. 1/2 a pack a day - only outside, never indoors. We have smoking bans pretty much everywhere in Texas on indoor locations and I don't have a problem with that. There's talk of banning smoking outdoors in public places now, which will be tough but I guess I can either handle it or quit.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I don't smoke in doors even in my own home. Now I have never smoked in restaurants or by doors were people might walk through my smoke. I also refuse to fly do to no smoking bans on planes as I can't go that long with out a cigarette so I don't try as I know my limits. Now when they say I can't light up out doors or in a park then they best stop all things that cause problems for people like an elevator filled with over perfumed women. I smoke about a pack a day but rarely finish a cigarette anymore. I also hate it when I see people through their butts on the ground even here in a storage facility so I have ash trays around for that that I keep empty.

Messing with me about my smoking can be hazardous to your health too.

suziquzie

I did but DH and I quit together when I got knocked up.... oops... pregnant with the first kid just about 10 years ago and never went back.
Not that I didn't want to, but both of us know if we had just 1 we'd be back to it in a flash.
Besides, drinking is much funner!
:)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I used to smoke unfiltered Pall Malls and quit on a bet but she never paid off. :sad:

I've been a cigar smoker since Viet Nam, always outside at the house, while fishing, or on the golf course. I'm especially fond of Habanas for good reason - they're the best.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I used to smoke unfiltered Pall Malls and quit on a bet but she never paid off. :sad:

I've been a cigar smoker since Viet Nam, always outside at the house, while fishing, or on the golf course. I'm especially fond of Habanas for good reason - they're the best.
I enjoy a cigar now and then. I actually like the smell of a good cigar.

buckytom

Grill Master
i smoke an occasional pipe or cigar, and pot much more often... :whistling:

i've never smoked cigarettes. can't stand the smell or taste.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am a nonsmoker. I quit when I learned of my dad's lung cancer. I had always been able to pick them up and put them down at will until I tried to seriously quit--then, I knew I was hooked and decided that was it!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
speaking of quitting smoking, mav how is it going. I know you haven't been feeling 100%.

Deelady

I smoked for about three yrs...helped me through some stressful times!! But when I met my now fiance I decided to quit since I knew he despised the habit (I felt he was worth more than the cigs) I actually hid the fact from him that I smoked for a couple of months while I was trying to break the habit....still don't know how I managed that!!! But I haven't gone back since (4yrs now). Lucky I did because many in my family have died due to them and my father now has severe emphezima (sorry on spelling...)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I quit smoking cigarettes 15 years ago.

Smokers are really treated like social pariahs in this area, and I found myself turning down invitations to fun things, based on whether I could smoke there or on the way there. Usually NOT.

Thought that was no way to live, so I quit.

Lee