The "Breakfast" thread

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Parents made sausage gravy over biscuts w/ extra sausage & juice to drink the other day. (i actually ingested biscuits!)

Attachments

• brekkie.jpg
    brekkie.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 148

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Chicken & cheese omelet topped with mild salsa.

Attachments

• Chicken Southwestern Omolet.jpg
    Chicken Southwestern Omolet.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 143

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ham, Cheese and Egg in a hash brown nest with biscuits and gravy.

Attachments

• breakfast04062013.jpg
    breakfast04062013.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 130
  • eggsinanest2.jpg
    eggsinanest2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 129

Embryodad

luvs / Joe / and Mama....

Those breakfast fixins shurely look good.

Makes me wish for ( S.O.S ) on toast or bisquits.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Lee and Jimmy. We had leftover gravy and biscuits so that's what DH had for breakfast this morning along with ham and fried eggs. I just had eggs and toast.

Embryodad

i would luv juice & bacon w/ syrup, & milk &clementines!
Any Breakfast Meat is good with syrup.

Mom would Never let us eat citrus or drink juice and have MILK at the same time.
She said it sours the stomach! ????????????? LOL

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
We had a house full yesterday with the kids and grandkids, and our DD is coming back today to do some shopping since DW has the day off and will watch the grandkids. We asked for the two year old, Alexa, to just stay here overnight so she didn't have to deal with two kids in the morning, and after much arm-twisting (NOT :lol: ), she gave in and let her stay. When she went to bed she asked if grandpa could make pancakes for breakfast, and of course I said yes. BUT, what she doesn't know is that grandpa will be making pancake balls filled with raspberry jam, instead of the plain old flapjacks. Aebelskivers! Since I haven't made them for awhile, I did a maiden run for myself just get back in the swing of things. They came out just fine and very tasty with just a powdered sugar topping and sweet raspberry filling.

Aebelskivers012113.jpg

How do you make pancakes in the form of balls?

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I am thinking tomorrow will be a big omelet day with onions and green peppers diced in along with bacon of course. Have to get a 1/2 hog ordered once we pay the farm insurance policy.($1340). The store bought bacon shrinks so bad I end up making 5 slices to equal 3 of what I am used to. No pics as my camera disappeared 2 weeks ago.

Embryodad

I am thinking tomorrow will be a big omelet day with onions and green peppers diced in along with bacon of course. Have to get a 1/2 hog ordered once we pay the farm insurance policy.($1340). The store bought bacon shrinks so bad I end up making 5 slices to equal 3 of what I am used to. No pics as my camera disappeared 2 weeks ago.
I'll vote for that omlet too Mountain man.
As a matter of fact....You just gave me the idea for our breakfast tomorrow.

We get bacon from Dietrich's meats in Lenhartsville PA off I-78
That bacon does not shrink like the store brands.

http://www.dietrichsmeats.com/

I think I will do up a load of JoeV's recipe for Home fries too!
Supposed to rain all day tomorrow.... Good for a nice big breakfast / lunch.

DD just bought 3 pigs, along with 57 laying hens and 22 sheep! We will be eatin High on The Hog Soon as They puff up in lbs. hahahahahaha

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have too much bacon. if a person can own too much bacon. so- here is my likely breakfast schedule:
-make bacon. dip into syrup. snooze.
-wake. make a blt & get drowsy. nap.
-wake. make bacon. nap.
-get on the scale.
-u lost weight, & therefore, require bacon now.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
i have too much bacon. if a person can own too much bacon. so- here is my likely breakfast schedule:
-make bacon. dip into syrup. snooze.
-wake. make a blt & get drowsy. nap.
-wake. make bacon. nap.
-get on the scale.
-u lost weight, & therefore, require bacon now.

Too much bacon....
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif
You're too funny luvs ...

Embryodad

Too much bacon....
You're too funny luvs ...
That is funny!!

My Daughter made cup cakes with chocolate icing, and crumbled up real bacon on top! .... They were Good!!

She also made brownies with bacon bits (real bacon).
The cup cakes were much better!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
:D-
thanx. & jimmy, that is an excellent play on chocolate-covered bacon. sweet/salty pair so well. i saw chocolate-covered pretzels & a few types of other candy w/ a sprinkling of fleur de sel.

Embryodad

:D-
thanx. & jimmy, that is an excellent play on chocolate-covered bacon. sweet/salty pair so well. i saw chocolate-covered pretzels & a few types of other candy w/ a sprinkling of fleur de sel.
My Maria comes up with the wierdest desserts.
She made some king of broken up mini pretzels, mixed with cream cheese, and then covered with mashed up jello. That was not to my liking, but I did eat the pretzels.

Then she had these little plastic shot glasses, and made jello with some kind of home made whisky. She showed me how to eat it, and she loosened it from the little cup, and gulped it right down. OMG! It was like gone in 2 seconds.
I had to eat mine with a little dimitasse spoon. It was hot and burny on the throat too! .... She was p***ing in her pants laughing at me with my little spoon.
It was good though, and I had another one, but with whipped cream.

I got half "S" faced real quick!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Was going to have cereal and 2% milk but think I will go with sausage links and 2 eggs. Dang chilly this morning.(39F)Brrrrr!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Cheese omelet with Italian bread toast and a little hot sauce.

Attachments

• Breakfast 062013.jpg
    Breakfast 062013.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 136

Embryodad

Cheese omelet with Italian bread toast and a little hot sauce.
Looks good Joe!

I'm a fan of hot sauce, but to tell the truth, out of all the hot sauces I've bought or the kids had given me for gifts,.....I still like the good ole mcilhennie's (sp?) Tabasco sauce! .... from Louisiana USA

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i luv-luv jell-o shots, jimmy. me & blake made 'em recently. i loosen the edges w/ my pinkie, squeeze, & gulp the shot.
drunken gummi bears (candy soaked in booze) rock, too. the bartender used to put a few extra in my glass before there were not any drunken gummy bears to buy, anymore. maybe they'll make another batch soon,- hm.

as fer dinner- leftover salad bar salad. maybe lasagna. usually i have 1 meal per day, or 2. so breakfast is really also lunch. & dinner, too.

Last edited: