What Does Your Screen Name Mean?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I refer to my granddaughter as a sass muffin because she is, so I adopted that name since it fits on a foodie forum. Besides, everything she is, she's inherited from me. LOL

If anyone visits Doc's other forum (FF) I go by the name pirate_girl.
That was chosen because I come from a military background with my Dad having been a Lieutenant commander in the US Navy. He chose my real name which is Loralei and said I stole his heart from the sea, but I wanted to be a pirate on FF because I find a lot of stuff that I copy and paste for amusement.

Hope it all makes sense.. arrrrhh and happy cooking! LOL

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Maverick describes my nature, I don't like to conform LOL. The numbers are birthday and birth year.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Vera Blue is the heroine in a song...a woman so charismatic that even when you know she's all wrong and bad for you, you simply cannot help yourself being drawn to her - she's like a syren.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I chose Adillo303 for my company (Armadillo Services) and it's address 303 Fifth Ave NYC.

Most everyone knows my name as well.

YeOldeStonecat

Back in college...there was a big dorm party going on for the first week of school. This "hippie" like dude was stoned out of his head...his eyes were like slits, and I was working my way down the hallway...quite drunk, saw his face..and I started laughing out loud....really really laughing hard. He looks up at me as I pass him and some other guys in the hallway...and he says out loud "Wow..that was one stoned cat man".

The name "Stoned Cat" sorta stuck...most people in my dorm had nicknames...and it morphed into "StoneCat" for the rest of my college years.

Fast forward a few years...and I got into online computer gaming...back when dial up modems were out, Windows 95 just came out, and I got bigtime into the first true 3D first person shooter game..."Quake". When I first started playing Quake and other online games....I used my "StoneCat" nickname. I joined a Quake gaming clan called YeOldeMelankees...named after the cult movie "A Clockwork Orange". All clan members had to put a "YeOlde" prefix in front of their nickname...so I was "YeOldeStonecat". I've used this nickname for my online presence ever since then and can usually get about 10 pages of results from Google on it.

Biskit

The screen name I use here come from my favorite breakfast, bisquits and gravy.
I use a different screen name for just about every forum I belong to. Over on FF, I'm Trakternut because of my love of antique farm tractors. Two other forums know me as Brutus. My best runnin-around-pal gave it to me back when I had a full head of hair and full black beard. Guess he reminded me of Popeye's nemesis.
I'm a guy! :wave:

High Cheese

Saucier
In baseball "High Cheese" is the nickname for a high fastball. To a batter a high fastball looks easy to hit but most of the time the batter anxiously swings under it. Cheese - because it looks so good.

buckytom

Grill Master
low cheese was what a-rod and thames hit last night! :wink:

meine namen is a combo of a work nickname and my real name.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Male. My screen name is a play on Celtic. I've always been fascinated with the Celtic people, thier culture, architecture, and art.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I'm male. I'm mini as that was my nickname at school and a play on my actual size - man just follows naturally.

High Cheese

Saucier
low cheese was what a-rod and thames hit last night! :wink:

HA HA HA! Good one! :lol:

FLIPA.gif

SilverSage

Resident Crone
My hair has been silver since my early 40's. Over the years, I've often been called Silver.

Sage has so many definitions, I just pick the one that suits me at the moment. It's an herb - earthy. It's an 'old soul' - spiritual. It's someone wise. Silversage is a plant that grows in the wild out west.

And Crone is the third aspect of the Goddesss.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I was born with the nickname Buzz. High School buddies morphed it to Buzzard and it stuck. Buzzard Flight was my flight call sign in Nam and other places (watch out, Charlie. Buzzard is on the way in with 28 500 pounders loaded on his A6 Intruder). 767 Is the plane I was captaining when I first joined AOL many moons ago. My screen name and email are the same and I use it everywhere.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
A line from Pulp Fiction keeps popping into my head every time I open this thread:

Bruce Willis to Cab Driver: "I'm American honey, our names don't mean ****".

:lol:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Jeesh, wonder if my Dad ever called you in for air support...

I hope he did. The forward air controllers in Viet Nam were so good, so precise, and so brave that I cannot describe the experience of working with them. Be proud of your Dad. I am.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've worked on and with computers for years. Someone called me their personal computer doctor and it caught on with a few in my crowd. So I went with Doc for my forum name. I'm Doc on all my forums. Keeps is simple. :D

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I've worked on and with computers for years. Someone called me their personal computer doctor and it caught on with a few in my crowd. So I went with Doc for my forum name. I'm Doc on all my forums. Keeps is simple. :D
Jeez and I thought it was from George Carlin's routine about the 7 dwarves "Doc was the connection" LOL

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I hope he did. The forward air controllers in Viet Nam were so good, so precise, and so brave that I cannot describe the experience of working with them. Be proud of your Dad. I am.

I am proud of my Dad, and he did spend a lot of his time on the front lines in the jungle acting as 'bait' for large groups of the enemy to draw them out so he could call in air support to knock them out.
They also spent a lot of time setting up ambushes and just generally a lot of walking around. He was also a 'tunnel rat' because of his small frame).
He was also at Khe Sanh(sp?) between January and April 1968, his first year in country. He served in the Marines from 68 to 70, volunteered for both tours. I think that is about all he has ever really told me about it not including tails of R&R and complaints about the guys in the rear in general LOL.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to hijack the thread, back to our regular programming now, LOL!