Pork Chops Cooked In Oven Recipe

Meme4251

Does anyone have suggestions on recipes for cooking up some pork chops in the oven. I am trying to avoid frying if possible even though that is my favorite. Even some type of casserole with the chops over liguini (sp??), broccoli, onion, or whatever. Just some suggestions and if any pics, please include. Thanks

High Cheese

Saucier
For the most part you can swap any oven baked chicken recipe with pork chops. No pics but an easy one I used to do is: Sear seasoned chops in a pan with some oil over high heat. Once you seared both sides add sliced onion, white wine (I've also used apple jack or bourbon with a bit of brown sugar) bay leaf and chicken stock. Cover and finish in the oven. That's only for thick chops though. You could use thinner chops and do it all on the stove top but you'll have to cook the chops 3/4 way forst, remove, then add the onion ect. When the onion has softened and the sauce comes together you can add the chops back to finish cooking, covered. Take it a step farther and add some chopped tomato, olives, capers, finish with some fresh squeezed lemon juice. Serve over rice.

GotGarlic

Does anyone have suggestions on recipes for cooking up some pork chops in the oven. I am trying to avoid frying if possible even though that is my favorite. Even some type of casserole with the chops over liguini (sp??), broccoli, onion, or whatever. Just some suggestions and if any pics, please include. Thanks

There's a difference between pan-frying and deep-frying. When you pan-fry, you brown on both sides, then add some liquid - wine, water, apple juice, etc. - and finish cooking, essentially braising it. This doesn't add much in the way of calories, if that's your concern.

With loin chops, it's easy to overcook them in the oven before the outside gets nice and brown, with the great flavor from caramelizing. I'd braise with shoulder chops.

You can broil also pork chops - season and sauce them as you would for the grill.

Somewhere I have a recipe for braising pork chops in diced tomatoes with onions, garlic and peppers, and Mexican seasonings like cumin and oregano. Serve over rice.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I have found that baking pork chops on a rack helps them to cook more evenly and they don't get soggy on the bottom side :)

Or you can pan sear them then remove and set aside, add sliced onion and green pepper. Cook until softened. Pour in about 1/2 red wine, 1 jar of spaghetti sauce, and 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning. Put pork chops back in the pan in the sauce, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Great with rice or pasta!

FryBoy

This is another good one. It was originally from a newspaper insert for Hunt's Tomato Sauce in the late-1960s or early-1970s, and it was one of my wife's and my favorites because it was quick, easy, cheap, and good (and we weren't exactly ready for Gourmet Magazine back then).

Atlanta Pork Chops & Rice

If you can't find tomatoes sauce with onions, just saute some minced onion with the celery -- probably better that way anyway.

Constance

We do pork chops in the oven all the time. For oven "fried" ones, season the chops and roll in crushed seasoned stuffing mix, crushed potato chips, or panko breadcrumbs. Bake on rack over foil covered sheet pan. Don't over-cook, or they will be tough and dry. DH uses a meat thermometer.

There also a lot of good ways to pan-bake them. One I like is as follows:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In casserole or pan, place pork chops. Top each with 1 tablespoon ketchup, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 slice onion, and 1 slice lemon. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on thickness of the pork chops.