Tomatoes

Leni

Our vines are going crazy. I gave a friend a dozen today and I still have fify left. Most of them are smaller tomatoes but they sure are good.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I have a tomato forest filled with tomatoes but none are ripe yet. I can't wait! I love home grown tomatoes. Give me a loaf of homemade bread, a jar of Duke's mayo and home grown tomatoes and I am one happy woman :w00t:

Leni

You're around a 100 ahead of me but then I don't sell at farmers markets. Are they ripe?

pharmerphil

You're around a 100 ahead of me but then I don't sell at farmers markets. Are they ripe?
nope, no ripe ones yet, greenies...we don't set tomatoes out here in Minnesota until Memorial day...and then, this year the weather has been cool and wet...at the start of spring, we had a subsoil moisture deficit of over 6 inches..now, we have a surplus of 7 inches

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've got bunches of green tomatoes and a couple that are just starting to turn. I had lots of vine ripe tomatoes last year at this time. Crazy weather.....

Leni

It sure is. Warm and humid which is not typical SoCAl weather. This normally happens in August when the monsoons come over from Arizona.

Just picked my first mess of yellow wax beans. Hubby is drooling.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Our tomatoes are finally getting some flowers on the big ones. They seem to like this acid rain as they have all perked up with the rain.