Large can of Cream of Chicken soup

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My friend bought this big can of cream of chicken soup by mistake and didn't want it.

What are some ideas for using it?

Lee

Attachments

• Cream of chicken soup.JPG
    Cream of chicken soup.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,116

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
dump chicken . . .

had this last night - it's a long time fav
(divide by half for two people)

little oil on bottom of square/rectangular baking dish
boneless skinless chicken breast (I prefer to use tenderloins...)
plunk in chicken - about 1.5 lb
mix undiluted soup with 50% by volume of sour cream (i.e. 16.5..? oz soup by weight + 8 oz by weight sour cream)
slather chicken
crush Ritz crackers - full sleeve for four portions
liberal sprinkle over soup/sour cream mixture
bake about one hour at 350'F
about halfway thru (i.e. 30 minutes) liberal sprinkle of grated cheddar (2 cups)

notes:
last night I used cream of celery soup. frankly, methinks using chicken soup is a smidge too chicken-nee-nee...
Ritz - no sub. they have a flavor....

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm making Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas tonight. If I like them, I'll post the recipe I used. It calls for Cream of Chicken.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a little change of plan on the Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas. I made the corn tortillas using Masa, water, and salt. I was using a rolling pin to roll them out, and they didn't come out round. I couldn't really see through the parchment paper. That's my excuse anyway. They were thin enough but shaped more rectangular :mrgreen:. So, the dish became a Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole. It was good, and I'd do it again.

I watched a video on how to make tortillas without a press. Mine will be round next time :glare:.

Here's what I ended up doing:

Mix together:
can of cr of ckn soup
about 1 cup sour cream
about 1 cup salsa verde

Saute about 1/2 cup, maybe a little more, onion
Add shredded, cooked chicken
Season with cumin

Layer:
little sauce
tortillas
chicken/onion mixture
shredded colby jack cheese
repeat layers, top with remaining sauce and more cheese

bake at 375 until bubbly

If using a family size can of cr of ckn soup, just double everything. That will make a huge pan of enchiladas.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm w/ chix-pot-pies-- pour over puff pastry via a freezer section (not pies; i mean pastry seeing as to how that takes an effort that is so too ugh-- i say buy frozen- add additional fresh/the-cook chix, celery, carrot, onion, sage, garlic, etcetera--