Lemon Honey Mustard BBQ Chicken

Deelady

This is my husbands and my favorite chicken! So easy and SOOOO tasty!

1/2 cup Lemon Juice
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 TB honey mustard ( I used Jack Daniel Brand)
2 tsps olive oil
1 lb chick thighs

combine ingredients and marinade approx 2 hrs. Broil or Grill over medium heat basting occasionally until no longer pink in the middle.

Attachments

• lemon chicken.jpg
    lemon chicken.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 163

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Peeps! :)
I just got back from Trader Joe's. I picked up a bottle of whole grain dijon mustard and am womdering if I can use it for this and just add a small amount of honey to the mustard instead of buying a bottle of honey mustard?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Dee, it looks great, and if it's a family favorite, I think it belongs in our cookbook.

BTW, I got the pork recipe - it's already added!

Deelady

I just got back from Trader Joe's. I picked up a bottle of whole grain dijon mustard and am womdering if I can use it for this and just add a small amount of honey to the mustard instead of buying a bottle of honey mustard?

The original recipe uses actually mustard powder so I changed it to our liking, see no reason why you cant do the same! I would use about two TB of honey if not a little more, and just so you know the 1/2 cup of lemon juice isn't over powering, the other ingredients really evens it out.

Thanks SS :) I also just sent you another recipe as well, I'll send this one now to you too! :) I hope I sent them in the right format.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The original recipe uses actually mustard powder so I changed it to our liking, see no reason why you cant do the same! I would use about two TB of honey if not a little more, and just so you know the 1/2 cup of lemon juice isn't over powering, the other ingredients really evens it out.

Thanks SS :) I also just sent you another recipe as well, I'll send this one now to you too! :) I hope I sent them in the right format.
Thank you Dee!! With the diabetes I don't do honey much so I guess I can leave it out altogether? I whole grain mustard I bought smells soooooooooooo good!! I may have to buy a corned beef!! LOL It is probably $100.00 a pound at this time of year!! LOL But theres nothing like a boiled spicy corned beef with cabbage, potatoes and mustard!!

Deelady

well sure you can leave it out, but it wont be the same at all, the honey put a sweetness to counter the other flavors....maybe you cn use one of your sweetners you use for other foods? What do you use? Splenda or activia? that should give a similar out come.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
well sure you can leave it out, but it wont be the same at all, the honey put a sweetness to counter the other flavors....maybe you cn use one of your sweetners you use for other foods? What do you use? Splenda or activia? that should give a similar out come.
I use Ideal how about the brown sugar one? I wish there was a sweetener sub for honey!! Log cabin has a sugar free maple flavored syrup that tastes fantastic!!

Last edited:

Deelady

I could have sworn I have seen a honey made for diabetics....hmmmm.

I would def try it with the brown sugar instead of just leaving it out.

Deelady

LOL LOL :D Sorry Peeps! I guess it wasnt activia! I can see the box in my head but don't know the name....green and white box with I think a leaf on it...??

alexandradarex

This is my husbands and my favorite chicken! So easy and SOOOO tasty!

1/2 cup Lemon Juice
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 TB honey mustard ( I used Jack Daniel Brand)
2 tsps olive oil
1 lb chick thighs

combine ingredients and marinade approx 2 hrs. Broil or Grill over medium heat basting occasionally until no longer pink in the middle.

This chicken is amazing! I’ve always been hesitant for some purpose of sweetie mustard so I’ve never really tried it. But I tried this and it is different my opinion of sweetie mustard. AMAZING!