boneless/skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders, pounded thin and seasoned
1 T olive oil
4 T butter
1 small container of sliced button mushrooms
3/4 cup Marsala wine
1 cup chicken broth
cooked pasta of choice
chopped parsley for garnish
Place the 1 tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of the butter into a large skillet and heat to medium-high. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. You may have to do this in batches, depending on how many chicken pieces you are using. Set these to the side.
Add 1 tablespoon of the butter into the hot skillet and sauté the mushrooms until tender and lightly browned. Add the Marsala and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the wine has reduced by half. Add the chicken broth and continue to cook until the sauce has slightly thickened. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the remaining two tablespoons of the butter.
To serve, place the pasta (just plain ol' spaghetti is great) on the plate, top with the chicken, and pour the sauce over all. Garnish with chopped parsley.

(I served this over Steamed Brown rice )

IMG_6401.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lovely, LT!

Chicken marsala is one of those dishes that tastes like the cook spent hours making a gourmet meal!

I only recently (maybe 2 years ago) realized that marsala comes either dry or sweet.

Which did you use?

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't know that !
...and My bottle doesn't identify it one way or the other... (Please ignore all the extraneous clutter on my table ...) but from the taste, I'd say it was sweet...

We didn't make this meal often (with Harvard Beets) but when we did, it was a four-handed job.... much more difficult to pull off with two... the kitchen was a complete disaster when I was done........

IMG_6406.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
apparently G&D only produces a sweet.

I like your/Giada's mustard&mascarpone recipe - made that several times

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yup !
Already chased it down behind C-Man's post !

It's on that (Long, Long) list !:readytoeat:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Looks good!

Craig makes our chicken marsala, no recipe, except he uses brown mushrooms and usually tries to slide in some capers, which he loves, but I'm not real fond of. I think we use dry, the label is turned the wrong way in the liquor cabinet for me to see from the computer.