What's on your menu Sunday, April 28, to Saturday, May 4, 2019?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Lucky.

Tonight may be thick bone-in pork chops braised with sauerkraut, onions, potatoes, pork gravy, caraway & fennel seeds.

Dinner was great. The meat fell off the bones. No picture this time.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think DD wants to get frozen burritos, salsa, guac, and chips for dinner tonight. That's fine with me. My fingers/hands are screaming at me today.

Embryodad

The sunday sauce / red gravy, hahaha with sausage and meatballs is cooking on the stove.
I can't wait....

Embryodad

Looks Great, E-Dad !
When I was in the Navy, we were in Dry Dock in Boston... Every day, a truck would come alongside, selling Fat Chili Dogs. That's when I learned the unique flavor combo of Chili Dogs with Mustard, and Hot Chocolate !
I'm sure Yoo-Hoo works just as well .

View attachment 31721
It's amazing that you should mention that, because when I was In the Navy at this place stationed in Puerto Rico, there was a Gedunk Wagon / Roach Coach, that would travel down a winding hill that we would look for him with field glasses. As soon as he started down the hill, it would be 1 mile that he would arrive at the facility where I worked as a Utilitiesman in the Navy SeaBees.
We would shout, "Gedunk Wagon"..."Gedunk Wagon!" Every day I was on day shift, I would have 2 foot long chili dogs, and a glazed doughnut, with a pint of chocolate milk! ......I think it was $1.20.

Those dogs were so good going down! It's hard to find foot long hot dogs anymore. There is a place close enough, in Newton NJ that has a hot dog joint that sells foot longers. My DD works around the corner from there. Maybe I can get her to grab a couple for me. "Like pullin teeth!" ha ha

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Jimmy, I can't believe you guys don't have these big Nathan's.
We had these on my son's grill last summer.
20180701_192709-768x768.jpg

hotd (1).jpg