• no

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • dont know what that is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I have a small knock off version, works good for two burgers at a time, or two chicken breasts at a time that is it. Works pretty well though.

smoke king

Banned
I got one as a gift a few years ago, and it sat on a shelf for the longest time-I kinda forgot that I even had it. Then for whatever reason, I got it out one day to try it, and I've been using it ever since! Comes in real handy!

I had one for awhile, but the grilled veggies just taste getter to me on a regular grill. Hadnt used it for a period of time. Then tried to give it a second chance and it crapped out on me. So I got a Panini maker which is kind of a dual functioning thing, and that I use about once every other week. Love paninis...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I've got a small and medium sized one. Works great, but I'm not a fan of cleaning it up! I want to get a new one with the removeable grates.

chowhound

I had one. It was a gift from my parents because they didn't use it. Then it became a gift to one of my friends :^) PITA for cleanup and I'd just as soon fire up the Ducane for anything that needs grilled. Or fried on grates... whatever that thing does.

I've got a small and medium sized one. Works great, but I'm not a fan of cleaning it up! I want to get a new one with the removeable grates.

My wife complains about the same thing. She hates cleaning it up. I try to, but apparently my standards of " clean" are not as high as her standards..

simplicity

I don't own one. I know myself. I'd use it several times, then store it in the pantry where it would take up space and collect dust for several months, if not years. I'm trying to declutter. Sometimes I'm more successful than other times.

Still...people that have them seem to enjoy them...No, I don't even want to think about it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
My wife complains about the same thing. She hates cleaning it up. I try to, but apparently my standards of " clean" are not as high as her standards..

:yum:

DW is a clean freak. I'm very neat myself (everything has to have its place), but she takes cleaning to a whole new level. It’s a freaking hobby for her. She’s the only person I know that gets excited about a new fragrance in a cleaning product!

Makes life a lot easier on me until she waxes the kitchen floor and I walk through in my socks. I swear she’s trying to get at my life insurance! :shock: :lol:

About the only reason I use the Foremans anymore is because she says she doesn’t mind cleaning them.

Yeah, for me, cleaning my knife is licking what was on it off, drying it on my sleeve, then putting it back, but dont tell her ..

PanchoHambre

Nope I have several CI grillpans enameled and raw if I am doing indoor "grilling" they are a PITA to clean too.

My dad and his wife love theirs for chicken.. they are both good cooks but like quick and easy

Mom & step-dad would never allow such a thing in the house they're old school about food.

my kid brother used one extensively in college though.... ugh judging from the rest of his frat house I can't imagine what that thing looked like (what's cleaning?)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmm well, like Lefty, I have a panini press, but I said "yes". :dizzy:

I DID have a Forman, but gave it away when I got my Griddler.

I use it every couple of months, either to grill paninis or grill chicken breasts. It's GREAT for quickly cooking chicken - you can get a lot of chicken breast in there and in 5 minutes, BOOM, done! Tender and juicy.

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Don't have the grille but do have the chicken roaster. My wife uses it about once a week or so. She has had it a couple of years now and loves it.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I have a small one, just me and DH. Had to get one when I got sick so that I wasn't eating the grease. I love it. Easy to use and easy to clean.

homecook

I've got one and have had it over a year. Dh got it as a promotion from something or other. I think I've used it three times. lol It's in the pantry and I tend to forget it's there. I don't know if I would use it if it was in plain site. I'll have to get it out and try it.

Barb

AllenOK

I have two. They're from when I was single. For a single person, or a couple, living in an apartment, with little or no space for a proper charcoal grill, these things are great. During the summer, I would use mine constantly. Fajitas, Quesadillas, burgers, the occasional steak, yummy.

I haven't used ours in years. Heck, I don't even know if we still have them! Much less where they would be stored.

smoke king

Banned

That is a very good point Keltin. That fact that the grates aren't removable always seemed like an engineering oversight to me too.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
That is a very good point Keltin. That fact that the grates aren't removable always seemed like an engineering oversight to me too.

i agree... i really want the george foreman 360 grill

GRP106_open.jpg

• 106 square inch grilling surface for family cooking
  • 5 round dishwasher-safe removable grill pates with cool-touch handles for easy clean up
  • Temperature control slide for perfect results every time
  • Temperature indicator light indicates plates are at selected grilling temperature
  • Adjustable tilt angle lets your choose between sloped or flat cooking surface
  • Metal extended loop handle is ergonomic & durable
  • George Tough™ Triple non-stick coating is durable & eliminates need for oil
  • Patented sloped grill design knocks out the fat
  • 1 ½” floating hinge works to accommodate thick cuts of meat
  • Embedded heat elements provide consistent heat & rapid recovery time
  • 5 Plates included: 2 ribbed grill plates, 2 quesadilla plates, 1 deep dish pizza / pan / griddle / bake plate
  • 2 drip trays catch run off liquids for no-mess clean up
  • 2 spatulas are customized for grill

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Don't have one myself. I have never really considered getting one till reading this thread. Are they really all that??? Well... you know, and a bag of chips?

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter

+1 Exactly. I have two as well. I love them but I hate to clean them up. It is why I don't use it often but I would rather clean it than a broiler pan. I don't use my broiler pan that much either for the same reason.

I guess, I really am a baker at heart. I make a mean steak dinner and great soups but I find baking so much more satisfying.

By the way, the George Foreman chicken roaster is awful. We bought one for my mom after she tore her rotater cuff thinking it would make things easier on her but it doesn't brown the bird and we didn't like it.

homecook

Don't have one myself. I have never really considered getting one till reading this thread. Are they really all that??? Well... you know, and a bag of chips?

I can send you one!!!!:D It does have the removable plates.

Barb

FryBoy

We have had a large GF Grill for several years. Use it frequently, but for only one thing: grilled sandwiches, which come out quite nice, like panini.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I have a huge one that I drag out sometimes when I'm doing a bunch of chicken breasts and I've just cleaned the stove. But mine doesn't have the removable grill plates either and it's a pain to clean. It's pretty good for sandwiches, too.

Actually, I bought it before I learned to cook and I was really bad with meat. I thought maybe it would help me not make rubber chicken and shoe leather beef. It was an improvement but now, it's easier for me to do it in my grill pan on the stove.

babe

have a small one. it is perfect for me, as only cook for self. great steak, sandwiches, have used for burgers, and fish and thin pork chops. agreed it is a pain to clean. not was bad as a broiler pan though.