Whats on your plate 9/9/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have a pot roast simmering. Sides TBD later.

What are your plans?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mhend's meatloaf looked so good, I'm thinking about meatloaf for tonight. Some potatoes, something else, maybe a salad.

K

Kimchee

Pan fried pork chops, mushroom gravy, macaroni and cheese and a salad!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mhend's meatloaf looked so good, I'm thinking about meatloaf for tonight. Some potatoes, something else, maybe a salad.
Karen did you try those cold noodles yet?

I can't stand it!! My house is smelling yummy from the pot roast!!

lilylove

It's Paul's birthday today... I was already to make him a nice fancy dinner but he's requested hambugers and tater chips. :)

so.. bacon burgers, baked beans and bbq potato chips.

buckytom

Grill Master
happy birthday paulie!!!!

we're having a pizza party at work for lunch. my bud choi is leaving our department to go back to technical videotape maintenance, so it's our little send off.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Happy Birthday to your hubby LiL!

Back to work for me today, nothing here I really feel like brown baggin', so most likely a trip to Subway or the deli downtown for soup and sandwich.

Comfort food. I have a pkg of stouffer's spinach souffle I'm going to turn into ricotta & spinach (souffle) stuffed shells. Might top it w/ a bechamel or tomato vodka sauce.

Chopped salad & lemon garlic bread.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
HELP!! The evil pot roast is trying to lure me into yanking a piece off of it and eating it NOW!!

Deliver me from evil and Lead me not into pot roast temptation!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
lilbopeep said:
HELP!! The evil pot roast is trying to lure me into yanking a piece off of it and eating it NOW!!

Do it. It will never taste better. Cook's prerogative.

I'm just getting ready to have my cold noodles for lunch...

buckytom

Grill Master

Deliver me from evil and Lead me not into pot roast temptation!!

lol, for thine is the carrots, the potatoes, and the gravy, amen.

Ronjohn

No idea... we have next to nothing left in the house.

Does a trip to the store count as dinner? :confused:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
lol, for thine is the carrots, the potatoes, and the gravy, amen.

LOL I nixed the carrots for fresh string beans, mushroom and almonds with butter, salt and pepper but the mushroom/onion gravy is waiting to be thickened and the taters waiting to be mashed. ALL will be sacraficed to the pot roast Gods!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pot roast (bottom round roast simmered in 1 envelope dry onion soup, water, gravy master, burgundy wine, ground peppercorn blend, ground dry porcini mushrooms and sliced fresh button mushrooms), steamed fresh string beans, button mushrooms & slivered almonds (in a Ziploc Zip & Steam Microwave bag with butter, sea salt & ground pepper added), mashed red & Yukon potatoes (buttermilk, butter, parsley, chives, sea salt & ground pepper added), onion & mushroom gravy and ½ a buttered Kaiser Roll to dunk in the gravy.

pot_roast_090910_1_P1060288.JPG

pot_roast_090910_2_P1060295.JPG

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Very nice Peeps! The ultimate in comfort food!

Nothing special tonight...just spaghetti made with penne pasta, side salad and Sister Schuberts rolls

Attachments

• dinner090910.jpg
    dinner090910.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 292

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you MH & Mama!! It has been nice and cool. I had my windows open all day and I heard the neighbor tell his wife how good what I was cooking smelled!! LOL

Bottom round was on sale $1.99 lb so I scooped one up and today was the perfect day to cook it. Eye round was also on sale so that is in the freeze also waiting for its closeup!! LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Very nice Peeps! The ultimate in comfort food!

Nothing special tonight...just spaghetti made with penne pasta, side salad and Sister Schuberts rolls
OH MAMA!! That pasta and meat sauce is calling me!! I think I will shred some of my leftover pot roast and make meat sauce tomorrow!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm roasting a chicken on the grill, along with beets for a salad. Whole wheat noodles and applesauce as sides. I still have some biscuits from the other night.

and

I just made a sweet potato pie.