1960's Candy

Lefty

Yank
I was just on one of the internet super stores and they had a deal on retro candy. I was born in the 60's so I looked at the desciption (intense flashback) I thought I would share.

Abba Zaba Minis, BB Bats, Big Hunk Minis, Boston Baked Beans, Canada Mints, Candy Buttons, Candy Cigarettes, Charms Assorted Squares, Charms Sweet & Sour Pops, Cherry Heads, Cinnamon Toothpicks, Coconut Bars, Fizzies, Gold Mine Gum, Good & Plenty, Jujubes, Licorice Pipes, Mike & Ike, Red Hots, Sugar Daddy Pops, Sweetarts, Teaberry Gum, Wax Lips, Atomic Fireballs, Candy Necklace, Jawbreakers, Lemonheads, Necco Wafers, Now & Laters & Walnettos.

homecook

I remember my one great-uncle that always used to buy me Charms, he told me they were my special candy......I loved those! Teaberry gum and Cloves were other favorites.
Alot of the ones you listed I can still buy here.
Thanks for the memories.

Barb

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I loved the root beer barrels, and can still find the candy cigarettes around here on occasion.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
saturday matinee marathon cartoons and serials in the fifties would not have been the same without Boston Baked Beans an JuJuBe's

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
The above link that I recommended is known for putting candy packages together according to decade. It is a fun, silly present.

buckytom

Grill Master
jujubees rocked!!! and i loved rootbeer barrels. and sugar babies. and now and laters!!!

remember the gigantic 3" x 2" squares of bazzoka bubble gum? i wore a lot of that in my hair for most of my childhood.

you can still get mike-n-ike's in the stores here. in fact, they've come out with new fruit flavors.

anyone remember the good-n-plenty song? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExSlyoVTX3I[/ame]

S.Shepherd

I was just on one of the internet super stores and they had a deal on retro candy. I was born in the 60's so I looked at the desciption (intense flashback) I thought I would share.

hhahaha

wax lips.....sugar daddy pops...candy necklace

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
WOWZERS !
Nostalgia Trippin'...............
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWh7ohDbZac[/ame]

Last edited:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
i remember the commercial about the "Good and Plenty" the little pink and white candies, i bought a box of them very day for only .05 cents and after eating all the candy i turned the box into a whistle.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
DH and I were talking just the other day about when we were kids and went to the movies, we'd buy something that would last through the whole movie, like Look Bars or Big Hunks or Bit O'Honey. All cost a nickel each.

gadzooks

Sky Bars...from the makers of Necco Wafers. And Mary Janes. Black Crows, Hot Tamales and Mexican Hats, too.

Last edited: