Preparing anything special for Mom's Day?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
by special request... Q'd ribs,chicken, ABT's , bacon wrapped shrimp and somebody else is making the sides..lol

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am going to an ice cream social with my mom. As it will be a cold day and she is a bit fragile, I will take her out to eat on a warmer, nicer day.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm waiting to go to Houston to see my mom until her printer arrives. I got her a new one for Mother's Day and it won't be here til next week. Then I'll probably get her take out Chinese from her favorite place, do some of the Houston Chronicle Sunday crossword puzzles that she saves up for when I come, and then we'll watch about 4 movies in a row. That's her idea of a perfect day!

smoke king

Banned
Mrs SK will be out of town for work, so it'll just be us boys-Me, Grandson Sammy and Izzy the Jack Russell terrorist!!

Sammy and I will have our usual "boys only" dinner-deep fried twinkies (or candy bars you have your choice) funnel cakes, and probably break out the cotton candy machine. Maybe some ice cream for dessert?

And Izzy, whose pallette isn't as refined as ours will probably just dine out of the "cookie jar" aka the Litter box :yum:(saves me from having to clean it!)

Mr. Green Jeans

"Jack Russell terrorist" I love it!

I will break into the cache of pie cherries I froze last summer and make cherry crisp which we'll top with Tilamook vanilla bean ice cream.

homecook

We will be grilling hamburgers, hot dogs and corn on the cob. We will also have pasta salad.
I will take my mom a couple dogs and heat them in the micro for her. She used to love them the next day because they tasted like they were right off the grill. I hope she remembers. lol