What are you doing today?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just finished cleaning the living room and fixing the bookcase where the cheap & flimsy plastic shelf brackets broke!!

I replaced them with much stronger metal brackets, which should not bend or break! :wink:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Ended up spending 4 days in the hospital last week. Doc in the ER diagnosed it as cellulitis. Was no fun laying around with IV vancomycin 3 bags a day. Taking pills even now but it has gotten better. Bought a bunch of bee hives and equipment from a 91 yr. old guy who gave it up a few years ago. Guess I will be a bee farmer now. As long as the foot and leg stays under control I am going to expand the bee yard and put a big gate in so I can use my skid loader to haul the honey to the basement to extract it. Will do 8 strands of electric fence to try to keep the bears out.

Embryodad

Ended up spending 4 days in the hospital last week. Doc in the ER diagnosed it as cellulitis. Was no fun laying around with IV vancomycin 3 bags a day. Taking pills even now but it has gotten better. Bought a bunch of bee hives and equipment from a 91 yr. old guy who gave it up a few years ago. Guess I will be a bee farmer now. As long as the foot and leg stays under control I am going to expand the bee yard and put a big gate in so I can use my skid loader to haul the honey to the basement to extract it. Will do 8 strands of electric fence to try to keep the bears out.
Glad you are on the mend.

Those 4 days in the hosp. I'll bet felt like 4 weeks.
It's amazing how slow the time lapse feels when in that predicament.

Feel better, and don't over do it!

Embryodad

Back outside to trim some low hanging branches...so today I will be aborist with a chain saw. hahahaha

Mommy "T" went to her friends (yay!) to take her to get her car inspected at the DMV emissions testing center. Oh Oh! Hope it passes.

Leni

We have hot dry winds off the desert and fires burning. Have to take DD to the doctor today. Going to have to water everything today.

Leni

Coming home from the doctor I am up on the freeway heading west. I could see a huge plume of smoke from the Camarillo Springs fire. We have a lot of farmland out that way along with homes. The winds are still very dry from off the desert and up to 40+ mph. The people out there are going to have a long difficult night. At least one business is doing what it can to help. Bow Wow Campground is taking in small pets at no charge. So far we've had at least four fires including two big ones.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Bought two hanging baskets (Impatiens) yesterday, on sale for $5 each:

ImpatiensSpring2013.jpg

Then I added one to my houseplant collection, an Arrowhead:

NephthytisorArrowhead.jpg

And an English Ivy that I've had for about 3 or 4 weeks:

EnglishIvy.jpg

On my painting project, I only have four doors to paint, and I'll be doner :hotdog:. The floor is looking mighty poorly now that all the walls, etc. are freshly painted. Hmmm, epoxy?????

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i hafta be 2 places later on. i'm getting cranky. i hafta snooze sometimes & cannot. either my guy, a phone, noise, or my cats wake me before the sun appears.
i'm not :clap:this evening. i'm cranky.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Going to get the gray out of my hair, take my walk, weed in my garden .... Pray for the people in Oklahoma

Embryodad

Going to get the gray out of my hair, take my walk, weed in my garden .... Pray for the people in Oklahoma
That's a great thing to do!

I'm gonna get the hair cut (short for the summer) and then Just for Men to rid the gray out. hahahahaha....
As soon as the sun changes position and shades the porch...DD is going to cut it.

Then I have to start cleaning the porch from all the little leaves and debri from the fall and winter stuff. Then... blow the seeds (helicopters) that fell from the Maple Trees the last couple days.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Spent the day putting brakes on my Prius. Had to run back to the parts house to get the right pads as they made a model change the month mine was built. First set of pads were 1/8" too thick.

Embryodad

Changed filters and the plugs on the Mommywagon today...
180,000 mi. and still running.
Brakes inspection is next, but I still have problems kneeling. Couple more weeks, and I'll attempt it.

Embryodad

Is that the "Shell answer man???"
That's "Buddy Lee"....
It's cute! ... It has a tire gauge in the pocket, and in the back pockets, he has a red wipe rag, and a whisk broom. I remember those whisk brooms. Mom had one that was so worn out. She used to sweep out the dirt on the car rugs of the 36 Plymouth Coupe dad had. That was before vacuums had hose attachments.
It's DD's.

Her X bought it for her on Ebay when they were dating.

Embryodad

Did nothing today!

Rain Rain, and More Rain.

Thank You Rain! Fill My earth with plenty of moisture, and fill the reservoirs till they crest over the top.

Run your liquid through the creeks and streams, and please those fishies!

Fill the lakes and people will say. "See You Soon, so we can Play!"

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I potted some pentas the other day. Looks like something has been chewing on the leaves:

Pentas.jpg

Mirror project is coming along, but mighty slow:

MirrorProject.jpg

Leni

Packing for a week at the beach. Bye bye hot SFV! Nephew is baby sitting the house and cat.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
lazy daze. my guy called, my 1 friend called to see if i could visit (i gracefully declined & took a nap), my cats made me feed them way too early, & i'm now 'bout to nap again, @ 1 point, here- i'm sleepy!

Embryodad

Today... Tuesday / 16 July / 2013

Washing clothes (Mine + Towels ) ... NOT The Girls.
I don't like that smelly perfume from fabric softener and those dryer sheets.

Tina and the GD are in Mays Landing, NJ at T's Uncles.
Thank God he has central air. He keeps it on 78 because he doesn't want to feel cold. He's 90; so he is cold at 75º.

Ooops! Buzzer just went off. The wash load is done.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow! Good for you, Cooksie - it's beautiful!

Lovely and impressive job!

Lee

Embryodad

One down, more to go...this was actually pretty easy:

BathroomMirrorFrame.jpg
Nice and white, and clean ...
I love white.
Son Jimmy just did a rip out of the old American Standard All Yellow Fixtures.
They went with all white décor.
Tile work was just completed.

Embryodad

Today was clean the fuzz underneath the refrigerator on the condenser coil.
Plus... I ripped apart the desktop P/C that would not reboot.
I did a overhaul with the innards and drives, and now it boots up ok.
Tina wants it out of the kitchen anyway...so I'll set it up in my Grave Some Day.

Tina will never allow me to set it up in the kitchen anymore. LOL

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Been trimming shrubs and trees that got way bigger than they were supposed to. I can almost see my entire lane now and can see the barrel if the bear comes back. Finally starting to cool down but the rain all missed us so far. 82 right now and still sticky as heck.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice and white, and clean ...
I love white.
Son Jimmy just did a rip out of the old American Standard All Yellow Fixtures.
They went with all white décor.
Tile work was just completed.

I think they made a good choice with the white. It's classic and will never go out of style. When I re-do my bathroom, I'm going to use plain white subway tiles.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
festival!

Attachments

• IMG_25411192.jpg
    IMG_25411192.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_25401193.jpg
    IMG_25401193.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 109