Onion & Apple Pork Tenderloin

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Onions & Apples in Plum Wine with Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients

1 Medium Onion (preferably Vidalia, sliced)
1 large Apple (peeled and sliced)
3/4 cup Plum Wine
1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon (a pinch or dash will do)
Salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
1 to 1.5lb Pork Tenderloin

Procedure

In a Cast Iron skillet, brown the tenderloin on all sides. For an added note of flavor, add a splash of the Plum Wine to the pan right at the end of the browning process (just prior to covering in foil). Next, cover the pan in foil and place into a 375 degree oven and roast until internal temperature is 160 – about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, wrap in foil and let rest.

As the tenderloin is cooking, heat another skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp butter and the sliced onions. Cover and cook until soft, stirring occasionally – about 10 minutes. Now add the apple slices and cinnamon, reduce heat to low, and cover and cook another 10 minutes.

Check the apple and onion mixture for flavor. Add sugar if needed. Salt and pepper as desired should also be added. Turn heat to medium high, and once hot, add the plum wine. Cook uncovered until wine has reduced by 1/2. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.

Arrange the onions and apples on a serving platter. Carve tenderloin into medallions and arrange them on top of the onion and apple mixture. Finally, spoon the pan sauces over everything and serve. Don’t neglect the pan sauces from the CI that the tenderloin itself roasted in!

Step_1-76.jpg

Looks like the chest-buster from Aliens huh??? :lol:
Step_2-75.jpg

Step_3-68.jpg

Step_4-64.jpg

Step_5-56.jpg

Step_6-48.jpg

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks peep! I wish we had smell-o-vision here. This dish smells SOOO good as it cooks!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thanks peep! I wish we had smell-o-vision here. This dish smells SOOO good as it cooks!
i used to love japanese plum wine. my aunt always had it on hand. we never cooked with it just sipped it. my hub doesn't like drinking ANY alcohol (not a religious thing just a dick thing!!). i can cook with booze but i can't drink it ................ when hes around!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I love Japanese Plum Wine. It‘s incredibly sweet, so definitely a sipper. But man, cooking with it is awesome. It pairs so well with apples and onions.

The color of it is light though. Next time I make this, I’ll add the pan juices from the tenderloin (which were a very dark burgundy color) to the onions and apples to give them some color.

Tell DIC……….uh, DH, that the booze is for cooking reasons only. BUT, how old is it? Hmm….could be bad? Don’t want to poison the family…..better give it a taste! Got to take one for the team to make sure the family is safe! :yum:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I love Japanese Plum Wine. It‘s incredibly sweet, so definitely a sipper. But man, cooking with it is awesome. It pairs so well with apples and onions.

The color of it is light though. Next time I make this, I’ll add the pan juices from the tenderloin (which were a very dark burgundy color) to the onions and apples to give them some color.

Tell DIC……….uh, DH, that the booze is for cooking reasons only. BUT, how old is it? Hmm….could be bad? Don’t want to poison the family…..better give it a taste! Got to take one for the team to make sure the family is safe! :yum:
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

btw his mom/dad named him properly!! ya think they knew?