a breakfast to gag on . . .

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
soft boiled eggs. some hate 'em, some luv 'em.

DW prefers her soft eggs a bit less soft that mine, so hers stay in the boiling water an extra 45 seconds.

so far, so good.

nice slices of toasted Italian bread. I use unsalted butter; for reasons I cannot comprehend, DW prefers Country Crock.

butter the hot toast, whack&crack open the eggs, one egg on her toast, two eggs on my toasts. well, almost. there was just enough butter left for one slice of my toast, and being especially lazy before 2PM, I opted to just dip into the Country Crock to butter my second slice.

munch munch crunch crunch - got the the second egg&slice - gag!
I mean this is one bite to the next. same bread, same eggs, same pot. just about spat out that Country Crock krap!

I will not make that mistake again!

chilefarmer

I hear ya on the real butter, I grew up eating the real thing. And still do. Yeah it cost more and still doesn't taste like what we used to make. But its sure much better the other stuff. CF

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Hijack alert - Can you still get whole milk that is not homoginized do you could skim the cream and make butter?

chilefarmer

Andy, we have lots of dairy farmers here. I can get whole fresh milk from them but don't. We just buy butter at the store. Although sometime you can find home made butter at the farm market or stand. I buy it any time I can. CF:)

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
...whole milk that is not homoginized do you could skim the cream and make butter?

I had the idea that is how it started.... no? I remember getting milk in the galvanized milk box in glass half-gallon bottles. when it was too cold something would freeze a bit and the foil cap would erupt and let the cream out . . . .

now I use heavy whipping cream from the supermarket to home-make butter.

Johnny West

There are several dairys locally that sell milk in bottles and Smith Brothers delivers to the door.

I normally buy Dairygold or Tillamook butter as it's NW butter and good. I can't remember the last time I bought oleo.