Cheap Meat

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I stopped into a butcher shop in Lorain, Ohio this afternoon with a friend to show him one of the greatest butcher shops in Ohio. While there I managed to pick up a good deal on Fresh Picnic Hams...

P1010687.jpg

P1010688.jpg

Time to get some rub mixed up and fire up the smoker. I couldn't believe how inexpensive these were. If I had more freezer space, i would have bought more of them.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
That is better than the prices I have been seeing around here... and I'm pretty certain yours will taste wayyyyy better than mine will!

Congrats Joe.... I'm a ham convert!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
this will make some good pulled pork..

ever thought of making hillbilly bacon?

I've been using these fresh picnics for pulled pork for years. Before the smoker, I would put on a rub and pop in the oven at 10 p.m. at 225F. Get up the following morning and it's all ready to shred. DW & DS love the smell first thing in he morning.

I think I'll pass on the Hillbilly bacon. Not sure DW would care for it, but I know she loves the pulled pork. Stay with the sure thing.

Jeb Clampett

Pork prices have been dropping as of late due to people being completely stupid about swine flu. So stock up while you can!