What's cooking NCT Sunday, 7-9-17 to Saturday, 7-15-17?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
At the moment family wants beef stroganoff, egg noodles and steamed broccoli. I picked up some frozen puff pastry yesterday so I am thinking maybe cherry turnovers for dessert. I have never used puff pastry before. Should be fun.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
At the moment family wants beef stroganoff, egg noodles and steamed broccoli. I picked up some frozen puff pastry yesterday so I am thinking maybe cherry turnovers for dessert. I have never used puff pastry before. Should be fun.

Change of plans. Pan fried ham steak, mash potatoes and baby spinach/baby kale sautéed in smoked olive oil and ham drippings.

No turnovers because family doesn't deserve them.

Last edited:

Johnny West

Today's Sunday dinner was falafel with a side of baba ganoush and sliced cucumbers. The flafel didn't hold together to well as there were no chick peas in it but still tasted great.

Attachments

• #Falafel.jpg
    #Falafel.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 148

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The meatloaf was grand.
Stovetop stuffing as a binder, eggs, milk, Montreal steak seasoning and ketchup.
All mixed up and formed to bake at 350 for an hour.
Buttered green beans and a salad.

Monday leftovers!

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Sunday night, we had spaghetti Caruso, interesting dish.

Last night, we had picadillo, black beans, and rice.

Tonight will be either penne alla vodka or a duck breast dish, depends on how the work day goes.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Change of plans. Pan fried ham steak, mash potatoes and baby spinach/baby kale sautéed in smoked olive oil and ham drippings.

No turnovers because family doesn't deserve them.

Peeps The Pie Nazi - No Pie For You! :mrgreen: I love that Soup Nazi episode.

Tonight will be grilled pork chops, broccoli and hollandaise, and tomato wedges.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps The Pie Nazi - No Pie For You! :mrgreen: I love that Soup Nazi episode.

Tonight will be grilled pork chops, broccoli and hollandaise, and tomato wedges.

My family were being very ... that day. After being talked to/treated badly I wasn't going to do anything extra.
Btw what is a soup nazi?

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well I had some leftover beef stroganoff and noodles for brunch.
I planned on pizza for dinner:
Mama Mary thin & crispy crust

(Picture hosted on Postimage. Thank you Lollie)

Topped with:
Olive oil
Plain tomato sauce
Oregano, ground red pepper flakes and my all purpose seasoning blend
Sliced fresh garlic
Onions
Green pepper
Mushrooms
Pepperoni
Mozzarella
Grated Parmesan and grated Romano
I also have grated Swiss and cheddar cheeses that I may add on.

I get the 2 pack of crusts. And I crank oven up to 550F. Only takes 3-5 minutes on a pizza stone to cook crispy.

But plans can change at the last minute.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pizza (4 minutes on pizza stone at 550°F convection bake)

Cherry Turnovers

(Images hosted by Postimage)

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Soup Nazi was from a Jerry Seinfeld episode. If the guy didn't like you or you upset him, "no soup for you today" or something similar.

We ended up having penne alla vodka last night.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That pizza looks terrific, Peep!

Dados, when you have the chance, would you please post your salmon recipe in a Fish thread of it's own? Sounds great!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Way too hot to cook !

Tuna & Egg Salad Plate, with Ham & Navy Bean Soup from the Freezer soup stash ....

IMG_4179.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Just had beans on toast with scrambled eggs- heavy on the black pepper.
That should hold me over until this evening.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Character was based on a real soup vendor..... I heard on the food network that he's closed up his operation and declared bankruptcy ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WRxEY8o3kc

Probably because he was an arse :yum:. I found the whole Seinfeld thing funny, especially when Elaine comes in there and tries to do her flamboyant theatrics thing. Then there's George, he just wants his jambalaya...with or without bread :corny:.

Sorry Peeps, I thought you would get it.

Dados1950

To: Qsis

The recipe is easy.

Just get a 1 lb filet of Coho (or any wild salmon), drizzle with fresh lemon juice then juice sprinkle a tasty rub. Put on a cookie sheet and bake/roast for 8 minutes @ 400*.

Embryodad

Today, we will have meatballs in tomato sauce....and stuffed cabbages on the stovetop with diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.. All freezer findings. It's all cooked....or shall I say "K00KED!"

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Going to be a busy day around here being out and about shopping, so I'll probably stop at Panera or Bangkok Bay.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm planning baked ziti and making the other sheet of puff pastry cherry turnovers (I may glaze this batch).