Domestic Espionage Alert: Spy Drone Discovered

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
News Junkie
January 10, 2010
drone.jpg

KPRC news in Houston recently filmed a secret experiment by law enforcement agencies including the Dept. of Homeland Security of a drone intended to spy on Americans.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHk9Q3Fv6g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The drone uncovered during this investigation are not like the large, expensive models used by the military for targeted strikes on militants half a world away. These are manufactured by Insitu out of Bingen, Washington (corporate offices located in Australia), only weigh about 40 pounds (18.1 kg) before monitoring equipment is installed. This model has the capacity to stay airborne for up to a day.
The Houston Police Department responded with the following statement, “Potential public safety applications include mobility, evacuations, homeland security, search and rescue, as well as tactical.”
Such benign excuses were also used during the passage of draconian bills such as FISA and the Patriot Act before it was revealed the much more insidious and rampant applications of those tools.
map.jpg

Houston is within the coastal and border zone of America, where two-thirds of the population lives and where constitutional rights are routinely disregarded according to the ACLU, yet this poses the question about whether this is pilot program and the usage of unmanned drones might become a regular policy of law enforcement agencies in surveillance operations

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Here is something to feed the black helicopter types out there. I've been in the storage facility business now for about for some time. Well the first time I saw it was with Public Storage in Pompano Beach Florida. We got what is called a corporate account this means everything goes through the corporate head quarters and the property managers know nothing. Well we got a 5' x 10' Climate Controlled unit corp. order with express orders to give them what ever they needed. It was basically 2 guys that came out and set up a receiver, computer and a dish antenna on the side of our building. They came out about once every couple of weeks to check it out and in the process I got to talking to one of the guys pretty regularly. At any rate they where from the NSA monitoring cell phones in the area. It seems they have them all over the country. So you thought big brother really isn't watching think again.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Go back to the 1960's, picture a U2 flying up the East Coast, simultaneously monitoring 64,000 phone calls, listening for key words....

The tech isn't new, just better nowadays.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like it's also watching the borders. Not simply spying on Americans.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Sushi, this is old news.

The KPRC report was on November 21, 2007.

In the upper left hand corner click on "Video" to view the same one posted.

Jim

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
My son-in-law is an electrical engineer and works for a major defense contractor. His current project is a hand launched drone which I think is designed for military use. Most of his work is classified so I don't know much about it.