Lefty

Yank
What will the future bring?

Time Travel

Medical Break Through

Hoover Crafts (like the jetsons)

New Source Of Energy

Peace On Earth

An Answer To Age Old Mysteries (Bigfoot, Pyramids...)

Smellevision...

Discuss :)

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Hmmm....... I picked 5 answers, but it looks like it only took one!

Unfortunately, I don't think human beings will ever be capable of real peace on earth - maybe I'm just too cynical. And except for Food Network junkies, smell-o-vision would have very limited application, so the cost of converting all the TV sets and programming probably wouldn't be attractive to either consumers or advertisers.

All the others are highly likely, some maybe in our lifetimes.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have to agree SS, that peace on earth will probably never truly happen. Sad to say but we must face realities.

Time travel makes for a great movie but I can't see it as a true viable possibility. Since I can't understand it it must not be possible, right? LOL. Once time is gone, it's gone. If it were possible someone would go back in time and screw everything up, you just know it would happen. It's the pessimist / realist in me. :hide:

New source of energy is a real possibility and that got my vote. I can see all houses run off the grid. Each will have a power box that will last 10 to 30 years. It will still cost and need serviced. Nothing is free, but it should lower the cost of energy overall (might be wishful thinking).

The new energy source could very well lead to jetson like mobiles / hover craft. That would be cool. :D :thumb:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
It only let me pick one, too. I chose medical breakthrough because stem cell research is exploding and already, it's yielding some astonishing results.

Peace on earth? My greatest desire, but I don't see it happening.

New energy sources or re-thinking of old ones? Definitely. The power box is already here. Check out the Bloom Box: http://www.bloomenergy.com/products/
And wind energy is getting big here in Texas. We happen to have a wind corridor and it's dotted with windmills now.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Medical breakthrough is my prediction. First a cure for cancer, then something for those sick individuals who think they can text and drive simultaneously (like jail).

buckytom

Grill Master
lol @ hoover crafts. as they travel, they leave the ground under them very clean.

my guesses are new energy source and medical breakthroughs. actually, they exist already but aren't practical yet.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
The future for someone my age won't be long but it is at a cross roads right now in my opinion. I think many in this country and the world in general has stopped dreaming of the future as the daily problems have simply wore the down. Part of this is the 24/7 non stop news cable news networks, 30 second attention spans and little imagination in our youth. I for one would like to see it change but really don't know at this point in time. It seems to me this country is divided right down the middle with no common ground or willingness to compromise much any more. I know I sound a little bleak but I'm not really though. It is just the times we live in I guess.