Homemade Chocolate & Coconut Bars

Saliha

I found that recipe at yesterday and as I love Bounty chocolate bars these might be good substitute for them.

Homemade-Chocolate-Coconut-Bars-3-Ingredients.jpg

Ingredients:

(makes 12 large or 24 mini bars)

1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups shredded coconut
400-425g milk or dark chocolate (splurge and buy the best you can afford!)

Method:

In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk and the shredded coconut and mix well. Eat at least one spoon of the mix for taste and quality control.

Using damp hands, shape the mix into the size bars you want and place on a paper lined baking tray. Place them in the freezer for about an hour to firm and make them easy to dip in the chocolate.

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate using your preferred method.

Dip the set bars into the melted chocolate. You’ll find this easier to do with 2 forks. Drip off any excess chocolate and place the bars back on the tray.

Return to the fridge or, if it’s not too hot at your place, leave them out to set.

My chocolate dipping skills are appalling so please ignore my ineptitude and lame attempt at some fancy choc drizzles!

Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for around 5 days….yeah right, as if they’ll last that long!

Just drip a teaspoon amount of the melted chocolate onto a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with 100’s and 1000’s. Allow to set.

Source: http://mamabake.com/2013/07/11/homemade-chocolate-coconut-bars-3-ingredients/

Last edited: